Port Canaveral Hotels & Other Info Requested

janazaz

Which hotel have you stayed that is the best and closest to the Port of Canaveral?  Taking our family plus two granddaughters (10 & 14) on their first HOTS cruise in July.  We've never sailed out of this area. I think I'd like to stay closest to the pier if possible.  Are any hotels close enough to see the ships cruise into the harbor from the hotel rooms like in MIA?  In your opinion and experience  which is your choice hotel either near or farther away from the pier?  Maybe you know of recent reliable transfers you've used that worked well from MCO/Hotel/Pier/Back to MCO on debarkation?  I'm really open to suggestions since we booked this last minute.  Thank you!

Hello

We sailed last June from Port Canaveral, and going this Sept on the HOTS.

There are a couple of hotels that you can see the ships from, but not as close as MIA.  We stayed at Raddison. The rooms were great, and the pool area is amazing. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance, and a McDonalds across the street.  It was a 5 min drive to the port with traffic/lights.  

We have always done a one way rental to and from the port. There are plenty of shuttle options out there.  We used budget each time, as they are a mile from the Raddison, and min's from the port. They do have a shuttle once you drop your car off to the port.

We typically stay in Orlando so I cannot help you with hotel info.  You should look into one way car rentals precruise that would let you stay, fine and ship where you want.  All of the car rental agency offices are close to the port and offer free shuttles - you might want to drop off bags and passengers at the port then return the car and ride solo on the shuttle.

Post cruise, unless your flight is after about 2:00 don't bother with a rental, instead use Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Uber.

17 hours ago, janazaz said:

Which hotel have you stayed that is the best and closest to the Port of Canaveral?  Taking our family plus two granddaughters (10 & 14) on their first HOTS cruise in July.  We've never sailed out of this area. I think I'd like to stay closest to the pier if possible.  Are any hotels close enough to see the ships cruise into the harbor from the hotel rooms like in MIA?  In your opinion and experience  which is your choice hotel either near or farther away from the pier?  Maybe you know of recent reliable transfers you've used that worked well from MCO/Hotel/Pier/Back to MCO on debarkation?  I'm really open to suggestions since we booked this last minute.  Thank you!

The four closest to the port (about 1 mile) are Homewood Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

The first three have a complimentary breakfast...the Radisson has a restaurant on site, but the breakfast buffet is overpriced in my opinion...but as stated above there are options close by.

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites and it was nice.  I don't think you can see the ships from there.  They have a nice pool.  They have free breakfast and a shuttle, park and stay deal that was easy.

Thanks for the responses. What’s the best way (party of 6] from MCO to get to Raddison, then Radisson to Pier, and back to MCO?  Uber was really expensive so ya I would be even more. I looked at goportcanaveral.com and their hotel selection at the pier is either sold out or they don’t have availability for this many hotel rooms. 

49 minutes ago, janazaz said:

Thanks for the responses. What’s the best way (party of 6] from MCO to get to Raddison, then Radisson to Pier, and back to MCO?  Uber was really expensive so ya I would be even more. I looked at goportcanaveral.com and their hotel selection at the pier is either sold out or they don’t have availability for this many hotel rooms. 

Just book via the Radisson if you want a shared shuttle. They outsource but pricing is good. Otherwise you can ask Cocoa Beach Shuttle for a quote for a private shuttle (my recommendation)

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, GTO-Girl said:

The first three have a complimentary breakfast...the Radisson has a restaurant on site, but the breakfast buffet is overpriced in my opinion...but as stated above there are options close by.

Does the Radisson not have a package any longer where your breakfast is included?  I seem to recall that being the case the last time we were there, even though it has been several years.   I know, things change all the time.

I have only stayed there once, and thought it was "okay" but not enough to book there again.

I'd pick any of those hotels - about the same category and quality.   I'd price out doing a rental vehicle out of MCO one way.  I saw  Avis, Dollar, Thrifty, Budget all with buildings in the Cape Canaveral area and they all had mini-busses so I assume they would take people to the port.   If you had the rental, you can have more options for dinner and breakfast instead of the limited options within walking distance. 

On 5/31/2019 at 12:38 PM, legaljen1969 said:

Does the Radisson not have a package any longer where your breakfast is included?  I seem to recall that being the case the last time we were there, even though it has been several years.   I know, things change all the time.

I have only stayed there once, and thought it was "okay" but not enough to book there again.

Yes they do still offer a higher rate that would include breakfast.  We just find it cheaper to book the lowest basic rate and take a 2 min walk next door...and the food is better...😁😁

We stayed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations when we were there this past January.  We could see the ships from our balcony.  We were there 2 days prior to leaving on our cruise.  There's mini golf, pool, can walk to the beach, there's a play place so there was lots for kids to do prior to the cruise.  We had 7 of us.