Magic Debarkation

Lee Cruiser

We were on the 11th of May 2019 sailing and disembarkation for the priority (Diamond) passengers with checked luggage was horrible and the worst disembarkation I have ever experienced irregardless of priority or non-priority.  The letter provided by the guest services manager had an incorrect meeting time for disembarkation and had us meet one hour prior to what he had intended.  Once off the ship, we were not allowed to collect our luggage which was within arm's reach in many cases and were told we'd have to wait for them to deliver luggage tag groups 2 through 16 (can't make this stuff up) before we would be allowed to collect ours and proceed (along with everyone having luggage tags 2 through 16) to customs.  I can't really say there was any priority involved in this process I experienced. It's a shame the guest services manager apparently does not proof read the letters he sends.  For anyone cruising on the Magic in the future, I hope your experience will be better.

52 minutes ago, Florida Paesano said:

We were on the 11th of May 2019 sailing and disembarkation for the priority (Diamond) passengers with checked luggage was horrible and the worst disembarkation I have ever experienced irregardless of priority or non-priority.  The letter provided by the guest services manager had an incorrect meeting time for disembarkation and had us meet one hour prior to what he had intended.  Once off the ship, we were not allowed to collect our luggage which was within arm's reach in many cases and were told we'd have to wait for them to deliver luggage tag groups 2 through 16 (can't make this stuff up) before we would be allowed to collect ours and proceed (along with everyone having luggage tags 2 through 16) to customs.  I can't really say there was any priority involved in this process I experienced. It's a shame the guest services manager apparently does not proof read the letters he sends.  For anyone cruising on the Magic in the future, I hope your experience will be better.

That stinks. We are on it next spring. We have Fttf hopefully it helps

I honestly don't know what's going on with Magic's debarkation.  It seems as thought this has been a consistent issue this spring.  We were on the April 7th-14th sailing, which was a charter cruise.  The media spun it as if we, the cruisers, were to blame for not getting off in a timely manner.  Now mind you, the gangway came a loose from the ship, twice and that delayed us for over an an hour after people had already started debarking, but the luggage was a total nightmare!!!! No rhyme to the reason.  Many people missed their flights trying to locate their luggage for well over two hours for some. 

We were on Magic March 24-31 in Miami. We waited forever.... Didn't get out side the terminal until 11:15. Thank heaven we had a 2pm flight. Any earlier could have been an issue as security lines at MIA were long!

23 hours ago, Florida Paesano said:

Bummer.  Hopefully it will improve as they have more cruises out of Fort Lauderdale.

it's been a few years since I debarked Carnival...my memory is it takes longer than the other cruise lines, but we always waited until last minute.  that was a me problem.  

ncl seems like we are off quickly. however we dragged our own luggage past couple times due to morning flight home  perhaps that made a difference. 

I'm on Magic in 100 days. I'm optimistic since my wife is Platinum