Back-to-Back Edge Cruise April 2020

jamacka

We're tentatively booked on the Edge, leaving Fort Lauderdale April 19, 2020.  We're doing the 15 night transAtlantic, ending in Rome on May 4th and then staying on for the next cruise, an 11 night cruise of Italy, Croatia, and Montenegro before returning to Rome.  We've never done back-to-back before.

So my question to all those who have, when we arrive in Rome on May 4th, will there be excursions we can book for that day, while passengers are disembarking and new passengers are embarking and crew is busy with the turn-around?  Right now the Celebrity website doesn't have any excursions  for Rome  so I don't know what's available, if anything, for people doing back-to-back.

We usually do independent excursions so I don’t know if there are ships excursions on turnaround day.

I would suggest you join the Roll Call for both your cruises.  You will most likely find there are a number of others who are doing the B2B and find out what they are planning.

I’ve done a couple of B2Bs and they’ve offered tours on turn around day subject to enough people booking them. With such a fabulous itinerary I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a lot doing a B2B. 

Wendy 

We frequently do B2B or B2B2B cruises.  With the location of the turnaround day mentioned in the OP's post I wouldn't be surprised if Celebrity does offer an excursion for turnaround day for the B2B passengers.  However, you may not know until boarding for the first leg.  Some times the special excursions offered to B2B cruisers can be very long, but it doesn't matter since you will not  miss the ship.