Newbie to Seabourn

mgatc

We are veteran cruisers, but first time on Seabourn. We will be taking the Quest to Antartica in December; we are very excited! I have two questions, did a search and couldn't find my answers. Will Seabourn provide distilled water for a CPap machine if we let them know we need it? We have booked a guaranteed suite, does anyone have any experience with a guaranteed on Seabourn? Thank you for your assistance.

We booked a guarantee veranda suite on an Alaskan cruise on the Sojourn this past fall. We learned our suite number about 10 days before sailing, suite 831. Initially I was concerned it could be noisy due to its location next to the Pool bar and outdoor restaurant, but it was very quiet and a very convenient location. Mentally prepare for whatever you might consider to be the least desirable suite, and then be happy if you get a little better. Antarctica should be amazing, no matter which suite you end up in!

Hi MGATC,

My husband and I are booked on the December 19 Holiday cruise also.  We made a guarantee veranda suite reservation during our most recent Seabourn Quest voyage (Barbados to London April- May 2019.)  We had a guarantee balcony suite and ended up on deck six (cabin 615 - slightly forward.)  We received our cabin assignment about ten days prior to sailing.  We're hoping for a more midship  cabin in December but we'll see.  Regarding distilled water, I don't know about provision for a CPAP but I do know there is distilled water in the launderettes for the irons.  Contact Seabourn to get a confirmation.  They'll probably suggest you put that request in  your preferences in your booking.

Thank you, just what I was needing to know. Yes, any cabin will do, since it is the Antarctic. Hoping for more midship as well, to alleviate some of the rocking. Will probably see you then, offtoalaska. Alaska is one of our favorite places as well. Have been four times. 

2 hours ago, mgatc said:

We are veteran cruisers, but first time on Seabourn. We will be taking the Quest to Antartica in December; we are very excited! I have two questions, did a search and couldn't find my answers. Will Seabourn provide distilled water for a CPap machine if we let them know we need it? We have booked a guaranteed suite, does anyone have any experience with a guaranteed on Seabourn? Thank you for your assistance.

I would absolutely reach out to Seabourn and request distilled water for you.  I'm 100% they will provide it for you.

We were on the Quest in November for a long cruise to Antarctica, plus lots of ports in South America.  We booked a guarantee verandah at the lowest level and were happily surprised with a nice upgrade, announced a few weeks before departure.  We would have been happy with the level we booked, so the upgrade, which you cannot count on, was a lovely bump up.

Wec have always booked Balcony Guarantee on Seabourn and have never been disappointed , you are going to one of the most amazing part of the World so your cabin should be the least of your worries . Enjoy the Excursions and the fabulous Seabourn Ships, fellow passengers and Crew . 

Thank you all so much, not worried, know we will love it. We pretty much roll with anything. Just wondering when you find out, and it sounds like about ten days before. 

D-33 days until our first Seabourn cruise!!  I haven't been able to find specifics on the wifi package in terms of where/when to purchase a package.  I've found pricing.  Is there a difference in pricing in purchasing before boarding vs after boarding?  Is it only available after boarding?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, T^2 said:

D-33 days until our first Seabourn cruise!!  I haven't been able to find specifics on the wifi package in terms of where/when to purchase a package.  I've found pricing.  Is there a difference in pricing in purchasing before boarding vs after boarding?  Is it only available after boarding?  Thanks!

Just go to Seabourn Square when you embark. They'll take care of it for you and help you set it up on your device.

5 hours ago, T^2 said:

You can only purchase the wifi package onboard, unless this has has changed recently.  As wripro said, there will be people in Seabourn Square who can help you set up the wifi package you choose. It doesn't need to be set up straight away if you want to go and enjoy lunch first.

Thanks for the info.  I really wasn't expecting a price difference in purchasing the package before/after boarding like I have seen on posts for other cruise lines, but figured a question wouldn't hurt (too badly).