Star Class - Charge for Chef's Table?

Hi all,

We have friends that are in a Star suite on our Oasis sailing in June. They have received an email from their Genie explaining all the details of the specialty restaurants. Their genie indicated that if they do Chef's Table, it is a charge of $25.00 per person. I thought that all restaurants were included, free of charge, in Star class. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you,

Marsha

16 minutes ago, marshaatn said:

Hi all,

We have friends that are in a Star suite on our Oasis sailing in June. They have received an email from their Genie explaining all the details of the specialty restaurants. Their genie indicated that if they do Chef's Table, it is a charge of $25.00 per person. I thought that all restaurants were included, free of charge, in Star class. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you,

Marsha

The $25 PP charge for Chef's Table is the upcharge for the wine pairings.  We did the CT on Anthem in Feb and this is what we were charged.  Personally, I think it's unwarranted as your beverages are supposed to be complimentary but I suppose the argument is that the wines served at the CT are upgrades so the charge is to offset whatever you are drinking above the $13 per glass limit.

There are no other upcharges for any of the other specialty restaurants.  You can order whatever you want, including any upcharge items (whole Maine lobster and the seafood towers in Chops come to mind).  You can go to Izumi and order anything off the menu, as much as you can stuff into your belly.  Of course, you are always subject to the per glass limit on beverages no matter where you eat.