Today's dress code challenge

Windsurfboy

Thanks to all of you who have made me feel I won't be out of place! The pics on the website are things I would consider for smart day wear not evenings on Cunard.

BTW for the young at heart https://www.jdwilliams.co.uk/shop/womens/dresses/party-dresses/womenswearpromotions-fifty-plus-advert/2/_/N-1ytjsrqZ1yth62e/products/show.action?Nao=36&Rpp=36

I've not bought form this site but at the models are more mature. The women in my family  all in late 20s would consider some of these too!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DWhit said:

image.png.28f83c6bcf7e93129d011327483b3c31.png

So, being from Oklahoma, here are three examples of smart casual from my neck of the woods 😀

Yes. They would fit right in, especially on Royal Cunard Ball night. At least they’re clean-shaven, though!

17 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I am going on a Cunard cruise soon. Before I saw this thread I was worried about being under dressed. Now I think I might be ott for the smart attire nights.

I'm thinking the same.  These all look like nice day dresses - perfectly doable.

The store Chicos is known for being age and size friendly for women- they will use models for their website who are not in their teens and twenties as well... love this classy look for a smart non-gala evening... they will often also give examples of looks of a sleeveless dress with a jacket on top for women who want to layer.

fullsizeoutput_17d9.jpeg

• Like 3

I have helped my husband for our voyage, because he does not love clothes the way I do... He can spruce up quite nicely, but is glad to have the assistance. 

For the smart evenings he has some nice jackets and shirts... he also has some great vintage cuff links and vintage lapel pins... I have also given him a variety of pocket squares for him to keep his outfits interesting. 

Here are some stock pictures I found online of some easy ways for guys to look smart.

EA5BA606-2F22-4E2C-B02F-EAF23A407AA6.jpeg

83E71CD7-DB6E-48D8-A9FC-2FD2E5A5B218.jpeg

6346CFA2-B003-4B6F-8FC7-1394C6804E75.jpeg

DB44B8EC-4B32-40C1-9892-47A8DE936B17.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, we are bringing a cream linen suit, a black tux, a black suit, and a light brown suit. Also, a mixed brown check sport jacket with several pairs of brown and cream slacks. Mix and match them with many different color shirts, beautiful ties and loads of pocket squares. Black shiny tuxedo shoes, black leather and brown leather shoes. And that is just for evening! Lucky we have two bags each for free to check on Delta.

• Like 3

Perfect suggestions for a male above naturlovergirl .  Exactly what I wear on 'smart attire evenings',   a pocket square, double cuff shirt with good quality cuff links adds to the 'elegant casual' evening's sense of occasion.

Can't understand why the Cunard dress code is such a problem for some guys.  Most evenings throughout a cruise/voyage this is all a guy is expected to wear, except for an occasional formal/gala evening when the 'minimum suggestion is a tie and suit' (can't understand why a suit causes a problem , after all, it's just 'another pair of trousers' and jacket that match )      

• Like 2