REVIEW BREEZE- 5/25, Premier Cruise

Cruisegirl6

Very  interested:). I’ll be on her sister ship the Dream soon, and while there are some differences in the names of venues, etc, it’s basically the same ship. I love to be able to better familiarize myself with the layout by reading all the great reviews I’ve seen.

3 hours ago, Border Granny said:

Very  interested:). I’ll be on her sister ship the Dream soon, and while there are some differences in the names of venues, etc, it’s basically the same ship. I love to be able to better familiarize myself with the layout by reading all the great reviews I’ve seen.

I wouldn’t say they are basically the same ship (similar would be a better word) since the Breeze has a couple of features like the Thrill Theater and especially the Red Frog Pub that are not on Dream.  Plus the layout/location of the thermal suite is better on Breeze in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

what cut backs were you seeing?

how was the food in the MDR 

I was on the May 11 Breeze  sailing and found the food distinctly different on the Breeze and not in a good way.  It isn't cutbacks.  It clearly is choices made by the chef.  Many dishes were either tasteless or had some weird ingredient.  

• Like 1

I am reading your questions and will answer them when writing my review in a day or two but what I can say now to answer some:

We ate at the Steakhouse four nights, one night at the Italian place and two evenings at the MDR...the MDR was fine, I can't complain considering they serving so many people at once, it was fine that I would go back again.

We been on the Dream and the Magic, but the Breeze has a few differences, there are railings that are placed in areas such as Ocean Plaza, Alchemy bar and such that reduce the area that your able to walk, with this being done, people moving around are in a much narrow area and this creates crowds and feeling there are too many people on the ship.  We did not have this on the Magic or the Dream.

Elaine5715-  You made a good point...it could be the food is the choice of the Chef.  There were limited hot food dishes, the ones that were there were recycled food (yes, recycled trust me, I know as a fact, but unable to say how, due to the fact, some of the workers are my friends on that ship).....the hot dishes all had sauces/gravies that really overpowered what the meal was suppose to be.  Yes, dishes were tasteless, but I have to say, I didn't find the food to be as salty as other ships.

we will be sailing on the Breeze in Oct.   We have been on the Dream but not the Magic.  I have not found a Ship I did not like.   What did you feel are things that are a must to see or do on the Breeze?  What ports did you  go to?  If possible can you post photos.

Well, I am going to write my post tomorrow most likely and will mention things that your asking, but I answer here too.  The pools are the smallest ones I ever encountered on any cruise ship.  I was on the Elation in February the pool is nearly triple the size, I can't believe the ones on this ship are that tiny.

The Alchemy Bar is the best bar

I have not seen any of the shows or comedians, but I would suggest dong that

Try Thrill Ride

If you don't purchase the cheers package, you can get half price Fish Bowls in the afternoon, certain hours

They do quite a bit of trivia each day

Try the Pig and Anchor BBQ see what you think about it

Definitely try the Steakhouse!

Ports were our most unfavorable...Belitz, Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya...this was a last minute cruise booked up three weeks prior, we only had that one week to go during Memorial Day weekend, therefore, the Breeze was our only option for a week long cruise.

24 minutes ago, sealpup said:

we will be sailing on the Breeze in Oct.   We have been on the Dream but not the Magic.  I have not found a Ship I did not like.   What did you feel are things that are a must to see or do on the Breeze?  What ports did you  go to?  If possible can you post photos.

The CD Schwartz is one of the best in the business.  Do not miss his artium music trivia parties,

• Like 1

I will be interested in your review as we will be sailing on the Breeze for the first time in November on a 14 day Journey cruise.

We have not sailed Carnival in over 5yrs so I am totally clueless about a lot of things.

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The CD Schwartz is one of the best in the business.  Do not miss his artium music trivia parties,

I agree about Schwartz. He is in my top 3 Carnival CDs along with Mikey Gibson and Ben Lambert. Looking forward to cruising with him again on Breeze later this month. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree about Schwartz. He is in my top 3 Carnival CDs along with Mikey Gibson and Ben Lambert. Looking forward to cruising with him again on Breeze later this month. 

He does rock those leg warmers.  He was subbing on the Horizon last February which has the open atrium bar.  He worked that bar like  a pro, was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen onboard. 

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

He does rock those leg warmers.  He was subbing on the Horizon last February which has the open atrium bar.  He worked that bar like  a pro, was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen onboard. 

We saw him when he was subbing on the Vista 2 years ago, I'll never forget the Motown Music Trivia he did on the atrium bar! Such a fun CD! Also love his "Love you" 😂

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Marilynn13 said:

Are a Gold member allowed to go to VIP party with Platinum member for drinks, etc ???

No, the party is by invitation only (Diamonds and Platinums only). However, the enforcement of this varies from ship to ship based on my experiences. I have seen everything from Carnival employees checking everyone’s invitation prior to entering the party location (usually one of the theaters/lounges) to no one checking invitations.