New Brunch Menu

lele100

4 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The menu that is pictured in several posts is the "new" brunch menu and it is what was on the Breeze.

It was not because my daughter got the fruit loop French toast one morning and blueberry pancakes one morning. I’m not saying the new brunch menu isn’t on the breeze but it wasn’t on the May 25th sailing. We are in the dining room every morning. Sea day brunch on days at sea and breakfast menu when in port. We do not like the lido breakfast. I’m shocked at the number of people that do not know about the MDR breakfast. 

16 minutes ago, Coachbradu said:

It was not because my daughter got the fruit loop French toast one morning and blueberry pancakes one morning. I’m not saying the new brunch menu isn’t on the breeze but it wasn’t on the May 25th sailing. We are in the dining room every morning. Sea day brunch on days at sea and breakfast menu when in port. We do not like the lido breakfast. I’m shocked at the number of people that do not know about the MDR breakfast. 

I was on the Breeze May 11 sailing and had the pasta and juices each time.  They will still make items from the past menu if requested nicely.  

Sorry if these questions have been asked.  We are going on the Sunrise in two weeks  Does anyone know the hours for the brunch, which dining room and is brunch free except  if one orders lobster, shrimp or crab?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Coachbradu said:

I’m shocked at the number of people that do not know about the MDR breakfast

It's listed in Fun times, but they close at the crack of dawn, 9 am to us. We have room service as a 9am wake up call, so never made it out that early.

On 6/4/2019 at 2:00 PM, tallyho8 said:

This is not correct. Attached is a copy of my Fun Times for my 5 sea days in April on the Legend. As you can see, only the 2nd and 5th sea day had a brunch. The Fun Times show the same thing on every Carnival cruise I have been on with over 2 sea days on different ships. Can you show me any Fun Times that show over 2 brunches on any cruise?

img20190604_13543232.jpg

Go read h_blond2's recent review of the Glory. At the end of page 3 and the beginning of page 4, she uploaded the funtimes. All 3 of her sea days had seaday brunch. 

I usually sail out of New Orleans and Galveston and every sea day (usually 3) have had a seaday brunch.

I understand that the seaday brunch has the fancy squeezed juices for an upcharge, but do they also have the plain old breakfast juices as in the past -- tomato, orange, etc.?  We will be on the Sunrise in a few weeks and we were curious.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, jewals said:

Go read h_blond2's recent review of the Glory. At the end of page 3 and the beginning of page 4, she uploaded the funtimes. All 3 of her sea days had seaday brunch. 

I usually sail out of New Orleans and Galveston and every sea day (usually 3) have had a seaday brunch.

My point is that the poster said that ALL sea days had brunches and I showed that many times Carnival only had 2 sea day brunches even on cruises with 5 or more sea days. I see that occasionally some ships may have 3 sea day brunches but this is the exception, not the rule. 

1 hour ago, cruise4family said:

I understand that the seaday brunch has the fancy squeezed juices for an upcharge, but do they also have the plain old breakfast juices as in the past -- tomato, orange, etc.?  We will be on the Sunrise in a few weeks and we were curious.  Thank you.

yes, orange, cranberry, and tomato are free

On 6/3/2019 at 10:39 AM, bjd2 said:

I miss the spicy tomato soup.

On the Horizon recently, they were pretty relentless pushing the juices. At least 3-4 people would suggest/offer them and some pressed further when we said, "no thank you".

Other than these things we enjoyed the new menu.

They charged you for juice? Wow!

On 6/4/2019 at 9:34 AM, tallyho8 said:

I have been on 8 Carnival cruises that had 3 or more sea days and they all had only 2 sea day brunches.

Possibly, some of the Carnival ships that I have not been on have more brunches but Carnival usually has the same rules on all ships.

Were they journey's cruises? 9 plus day cruises alternate sea day brunch and regular breakfast menu and lunch in the MDR like they used to awhile ago before they started sea day brunch. Not sure if the lunch was discontinued at the same time they started brunch or if it was earlier then that.