Bow cabins penthouse suite - Dawn 9502, 9500,9000, 9002

Treacher1

I was looking at someone's video of this suite.  They said they were allowed to use this huge balcony space ONLY WHEN IN PORT.  We sailed the Pearl and had one of these suites and we always used our balcony on sea days.  Someone who has recently cruised in any of these cabins please let me know if the policy has changed.  I am hoping to use the balcony while sailing the Caribbean - we paid more for this suite to have this amazing balcony space.  We were lucky on our sailings - it was never too windy to sit out there - if you went under the small roof.  Please advise - and thank you so much!

Can definitely use the balcony when at sea.  The wording on the door is very confusing to a lot of people and it does make it sound as if you aren't supposed to open the metal door when underway.

Our neighbors didn't find out they could use the balcony at all times until the last day of the cruise.  They were quite upset!

Absolutely you can use the forward balcony at sea.

Word of caution regarding wind... open the cabin door while the balcony door is open and you're going to get some very interesting physics lessons around wind.

• Haha 1

Only restriction on the use of the forward balcony cabins (suites and non suites) is keeping the lights

down L-O-W at night to prevent undue reflection back up to the Bridge.

In the interests of safety use caution in opening the heavy balcony doors when underway or in strong

headwind conditions and as noted post #4  secure the cabin passageway door to prevent

a vortex of wind moving things about the cabin - you do this once and you will never forget it !

"Clean-Up needed passageway cabin 9xxx"

13 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Only restriction on the use of the forward balcony cabins (suites and non suites) is keeping the lights

down L-O-W at night to prevent undue reflection back up to the Bridge.

In the interests of safety use caution in opening the heavy balcony doors when underway or in strong

headwind conditions and as noted post #4  secure the cabin passageway door to prevent

a vortex of wind moving things about the cabin - you do this once and you will never forget it !

"Clean-Up needed passageway cabin 9xxx"

So....in one of the front-facing rooms in a few weeks and appreciate this advice.

That being said, as destructive as it sounds, I was telling my 10 you about this "vortex" and he says "Ok...lets do it just once to see what happens - I bet it's cool"

Spoken like a kid who doesn't have to clean up the mess! 😁 Amy

• Haha 1

We were in a forward-facing suite on the Jewel a couple of years ago on a Panama Canal cruise.   The darkness at night on our balcony was a huge bonus -- incredible stargazing.  We could see the Milky Way every night.  And, in the wee hours before dawn as we approached the Canal, we could see the Southern Cross.  It was a thrill to be able to see that in the Northern Hemisphere.

As others have said, be VERY careful opening and closing the heavy metal door, especially when the ship is underway.  Do not have your fingers anywhere near the door frame. 

As for the windstorm, LOL.  Even veteran cruisers can have a brain fart and forget about making sure no one opens the cabin door when the balcony door is open.  But the good news is that you'll only forget ONCE on that cruise.  🤣

Edited by Turtles06