No Guinness

JeanieC,Aston

Hi

Returned from a 10 day cruise last week on Reflection from Dublin.

I like a Guinness,but amazingly for a ship sailing from Dublin,from day one there were no cans of draught Guinness.

They had bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra at 7.5 strength,this I believe is only drunk in the Caribbean,,a barman told me they drink it in Jamaica with a Red Bull chaser.

Its firewater.

Where Celebrity waiting until they got rid of this stuff left over from the Caribbean? Before getting the cans out?

I have noticed on other Celebrity cruises in Europe they don't stock much Guinness,if they advertise it the should stock enough of it.

51 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

We were on the May 6 sailing out of Dublin, and they had Guinness in cans available.  It was included on the Classic package.

31 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi 

We was on the cruise after you,the 16th and they had none.

That was one of my points,it was home porting in the capital of Guinness,why didn't they stock up.

that's because cruiserchuck drank it all......🤣

• Like 1

Just because the ship is docking in the home of Guinness, it doesn't mean they will have it on board

We were on Solstice last year in Australia and they had very little Australian or New Zealand wine available - most of it was from US, Sth America or Europe.

it didn't bother us as we were keen to try new wines / beers

4 hours ago, arsenalboy said:

that's because cruiserchuck drank it all......🤣

I tried to drink it all, but did not succeed.  When we were in Dublin before the cruise, I discovered that I preferred Irish Red Ale to Guinness.  On the cruise, I was surprised to see that Guinness was part of the classic package, so I tried a few, but generally drank less filling beer (to save more room for desserts.)

• Haha 1

Just a datapoint, I drank more guinness than any other drink on my past cruise.  Some bar didn't have any in stock, sometimes the bartenders would just say they don't have it while others would either ask if you want them to get for one and one time they said sure and ran away to grab one without asking.  While that was very nice of them, they left the bar unstaffed for 5mins so I would have preferred they asked me as I would have ordered something that was in stock.

On 6/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Returned from a 10 day cruise last week on Reflection from Dublin.

I like a Guinness,but amazingly for a ship sailing from Dublin,from day one there were no cans of draught Guinness.

They had bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra at 7.5 strength,this I believe is only drunk in the Caribbean,,a barman told me they drink it in Jamaica with a Red Bull chaser.

Its firewater.

Where Celebrity waiting until they got rid of this stuff left over from the Caribbean? Before getting the cans out?

I have noticed on other Celebrity cruises in Europe they don't stock much Guinness,if they advertise it the should stock enough of it.

The barman needs to travel more. Guinness FES is sold all around the world and brewed under license in around 50 countries globally from memory. Believe it or not, globally it accounts for almost 50% of all global Guinness sales. 

If I were the F&B director of your cruise I'd be embarrassed to be sailing from Dublin of all places without a few crates of the regular black stuff though!