NCL free air - can I pay to upgrade to business class?

erdoran

Probably best to pose this question to the air carrier you’ll be flying on.  I’d think each flight might be a different fare depending on date, city flown from/to, who the carrier is, etc.

Some fares can’t be upgraded on certain carriers.

Edited by graphicguy

I had asked this very question and was told no by NCL.  It is true you may get a different answer from the airline.  The problem in asking the specific airline is that they currently use three airlines and you won't know for sure until you are booked with a specific airline.  Therefore you must commit before you know if you can upgrade.  

I just upgraded my free airfare to first class on Delta.  Did it online with no issues.  I had several sky miles that had built up that I don't see that I'm going to be using in the near future and thought it would be a fun start to our cruise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ute_fan said:

I just upgraded my free airfare to first class on Delta.  Did it online with no issues.  I had several sky miles that had built up that I don't see that I'm going to be using in the near future and thought it would be a fun start to our cruise.

Awesome. I tried to do this online thru delta but in didn't have the required info to do online. No confirmation number. No credit card due to NCL booked.. I only see edocs and NCL reservation confirmation. Flight time and Flight #. Still 105 days out though. Am I missing something to do this online?

4 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Good tip....Now does anyone know if you upgrade to first class on Delta, then are the baggage fees waved?

Yes, if you are booked into first class prior to departure then your bags are free.