Questions?? Just got off of the Allure of the Seas!

22 minutes ago, TheGreatfulBread said:

We are cruising in July 7th as well.  

1. Did you have to request the egg crates for the beds ahead of time?

2. Did you use a flashlight or some other means of moving about in the dark?

3. What did they seemingly replace the Dreamworks items with?

4.  We are on Deck 7 (promenade) just below park cafe and concerned about the noise.   What does anyone know about this?

I don't recall asking for egg crates on the beds.  No, if you shut off all of the lights, the "nightlight" in the bathroom stays on and there was plenty of light.  I don't know what "dreamworks" is. This was our first time on an "oasis" class ship with RC. We had a very quiet cabin on Deck 6 (ocean view balcony), so I can't comment on your location.  All I know is I am so jealous and want to go back!!  We will!!

19 hours ago, mom2six said:

We (me, DH and our six kids ages 15 to 26) are boarding the Allure of the Seas on July 7th and have an excursion booked with Bernard Tours that includes Orient and Maho beaches.   If you did it again would you skip the tour and just take a taxi to the beach?  This is the kids first cruise and our second on RCI for us. Last year we went to Cuba on the Empress of the Seas and had an amazing trip.  So first time to the Carribean for all of us! 

Also,  did you check out towels?  I was wondering if it would be better to have one or two of us check out multiple towels or have each person check out their own towel. 

Yes, we all said that if we had to do it again, we wouldn't do it because of the traffic. Taxi's won't help there. They are sitting in the same traffic. The experience at Maho Beach (seeing the giant jets go right over the beach to land) is definitely worth seeing though. Now that we have, we will just go to the beach that is near the port where we docked the next time.

The Caribbean is just amazing.  We did check out towels.  I would always check out 3 and then return them.  It doesn't matter how you do that.  It's easier having one person do it in my opinion. They have "towel stations" near the pools and when you're in port, there will be a station set after you get off of the ship.   Have the best time!!

2 hours ago, pmck said:

We thought it was very nice.. We rented some chairs and an umbrella and enjoyed about 2 hours there. We didn't notice that the beach had been negatively effected, or not restored after the hurricanes. We did notice that as we were riding on the bus getting to the beaches that the island overall took a huge hit.

Thanks for your reply. We've been to Orient Beach many many times but have not been back since the devastating hurricane. Now, about the beach itself, if you've been there frequently you'd know, are most of the beach front concessions reopened that you could rent the lounge chairs and umbrellas? Before the storm, those places with bars and bathrooms were stretched out for over a mile towards Club Orient's direction. I read somewhere that the machine that was used to clean up the beach/seaweed was destroyed and going into the water, (if you had done that) was the water still clear and no sea weed permeating up through. Indeed the French side really took the brunt of it. Last year we took a shuttle boat just before you'd get to the stores and bars at the cruise ship docks, it took us to what they called downtown which was a 10 minute boat ride and a three minute walk to the beach front. The beach there was absolutely perfect with lounge chairs umbrellas and close to the public bathrooms. If anyone recalls the name please mention it. 

31 minutes ago, LoveTheSoul said:

More about towel check out please...my husband and I are first time cruisers. 

Is the towel checkout line a long one? Would it be better to bring the towels from our room to the pool?

You don't want to use your cabin towels at the pool. There are multiple towel stations at different locations around the pools. We never encountered long lines there. If we have an excursion that we will need towels for we grab them from the pool deck the night before so we are all ready to go in the morning. I hope this helps!

15 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

You don't want to use your cabin towels at the pool. There are multiple towel stations at different locations around the pools. We never encountered long lines there. If we have an excursion that we will need towels for we grab them from the pool deck the night before so we are all ready to go in the morning. I hope this helps!

It does help - thank you!

2 hours ago, pmck said:

FYI, we had an ocean view balcony (and wouldn't do anything else) on the 6th deck and it was an awesome location.  We were close to the Boardwalk (same floor) promenade (one deck down) and the restaurants. We were more AFT that foreward, a little more that 1/2 way back on the ship.   We loved the location of our room and would do it again in a heartbeat.  I personally wouldn't want any of those inside balconies. I'd rather "ocean watch" than "people watch" from my balcony. (IMHO) I believe on that same deck (Promenade) there is a jogging/walking track that goes around the outside. My husband ran on it a few times. But the "inside" Promenade is a busy place.

Thank You. We normally would not cruise on a Disney World type ship like the Allure but considering it's a transatlantic crossing and normally on the Holland America, Celebrity, and Windstar ships there is very little to do and it does become somewhat monotonous. At least on the Allure one would never become bored. I will consider your advice. I cannot even imagine what one of those suites are like on the Allure. Unfortunately I don't want to take out an equity loan to pay for it.

23 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

We're considering Allure of the Seas for a Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. Looking at a Promenade Interior View Cabin. Deck 7 either Cabin 7319 or 7325. Will there be any disturbance from Deck 8 Dazzles Lounge or in the case of 7325 Deck 7 the Rock Climbing Wall? Primarily interested in relative quiet from 11 PM until 8 AM. Is the Promenade Deck itself relatively quiet?

Thanks folks

We are on that transatlantic cruise.  If you decide to join us we have a roll call that's starting to get busier now.  Hope to see you!!!