Questions?? Just got off of the Allure of the Seas!

8 hours ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Was there a formal night?  If so did you go formal?

There had better be otherwise my wife will not be a happy bunny. We'll be a party of 10 going this October and will certainly all dress formally regardless of anyone else and luggage weight restrictions.

12 hours ago, fraternal said:

Did you use the Vroom WIFI ?

my daughter got it for the last three days for $50. We had wifi in PR, so I was fine, till we got home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

There had better be otherwise my wife will not be a happy bunny. We'll be a party of 10 going this October and will certainly all dress formally regardless of anyone else and luggage weight restrictions.

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

yes, 2, Tues and Friday.  We all dressed up, my husband with suits, my daughter dresses and I wore a jumpsuit one night and dressy palazzo pants the other night.  Love those nights!!

2 hours ago, sbcatcher1 said:

Did you take any excursions?

we did, but not through the ship.  We went in St. Maarten and did the Orient Beach/Maho Beach one.  It was great, but we actually spent more time driving from one side of the island to the other, than we did on the beach!  Prob wouldn't do it again because of that!

On 6/11/2019 at 12:38 PM, pmck said:

we did, but not through the ship.  We went in St. Maarten and did the Orient Beach/Maho Beach one.  It was great, but we actually spent more time driving from one side of the island to the other, than we did on the beach!  Prob wouldn't do it again because of that!

What was your impression of what you saw of Orient Beach itself? Some cruisers say not enough has been done to bring the beach back to how it was pre-hurricane with the many different areas to rent umbrellas and lounges. After the hurricane it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the pristine sand was shifted exposing rocks and seaweed where people would normally want to walk in the water. Any others care to comment on your first hand observations, please do. We'll be there in October on the Adventure. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

We're considering Allure of the Seas for a Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. Looking at a Promenade Interior View Cabin. Deck 7 either Cabin 7319 or 7325. Will there be any disturbance from Deck 8 Dazzles Lounge or in the case of 7325 Deck 7 the Rock Climbing Wall? Primarily interested in relative quiet from 11 PM until 8 AM. Is the Promenade Deck itself relatively quiet?

Thanks folks

We (me, DH and our six kids ages 15 to 26) are boarding the Allure of the Seas on July 7th and have an excursion booked with Bernard Tours that includes Orient and Maho beaches.   If you did it again would you skip the tour and just take a taxi to the beach?  This is the kids first cruise and our second on RCI for us. Last year we went to Cuba on the Empress of the Seas and had an amazing trip.  So first time to the Carribean for all of us! 

Also,  did you check out towels?  I was wondering if it would be better to have one or two of us check out multiple towels or have each person check out their own towel. 

Edited by mom2six

25 minutes ago, mom2six said:

.   If you did it again would you skip the tour and just take a taxi to the beach? 

Also,  did you check out towels?  I was wondering if it would be better to have one or two of us check out multiple towels or have each person check out their own towel. 

If you want just a beach day, no reason to pay for an excursion. 

No diff in who/how many towels get checked out - but, yes, you should take some. 

1 hour ago, franncos said:

Off hand can you get a table for 2 with MTD?

Thanks

That should be no problem. We were a group of 4 but there were a number of 2 tops around us. They were very accomodating about seating in MTD. I hope this helps!

49 minutes ago, waykaylincruz said:

Are there any self service laundry facilities onboard? It has been several years since we cruised on RCCL and I can't remember if those are available or not.

Is there a library where you can go to check out/play board games?

No self serve laundry. There was a library but we never went there so I'm not sure what they had.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, megnut78 said:

Were there only two different comedians shows?  When I pre-book everything, it only gives me two options and I wasn't sure if there were more.  Thank you!

There was actually only 1 comdedian show. (we saw it on 2 nights in 2 diff venues). I mistakenly booked the "headliner" show ahead of time, thinking it was comedians, but when we got there it was an a singing group called ReVoiced. They were fabulous and we were so glad we saw them.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

What was your impression of what you saw of Orient Beach itself? Some cruisers say not enough has been done to bring the beach back to how it was pre-hurricane with the many different areas to rent umbrellas and lounges. After the hurricane it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the pristine sand was shifted exposing rocks and seaweed where people would normally want to walk in the water. Any others care to comment on your first hand observations, please do. We'll be there in October on the Adventure. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

We thought it was very nice.. We rented some chairs and an umbrella and enjoyed about 2 hours there. We didn't notice that the beach had been negatively effected, or not restored after the hurricanes. We did notice that as we were riding on the bus getting to the beaches that the island overall took a huge hit.

20 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

We're considering Allure of the Seas for a Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona. Looking at a Promenade Interior View Cabin. Deck 7 either Cabin 7319 or 7325. Will there be any disturbance from Deck 8 Dazzles Lounge or in the case of 7325 Deck 7 the Rock Climbing Wall? Primarily interested in relative quiet from 11 PM until 8 AM. Is the Promenade Deck itself relatively quiet?

Thanks folks

as far as we could tell on our cruise 05/26/19-06/02-19, the Promenade Deck was where the action was. That was where all of the dance parties were (atleast 2 or 3 that we went to). But, the parties were over by 10 pm, and after that, I'm sure all went back to normal.

4 minutes ago, pmck said:

as far as we could tell on our cruise 05/26/19-06/02-19, the Promenade Deck was where the action was. That was where all of the dance parties were (atleast 2 or 3 that we went to). But, the parties were over by 10 pm, and after that, I'm sure all went back to normal.

Before I actually brought up photos and a couple of videos of the Promenade Deck on the Allure I thought that it was a standard Promenade Deck like Holland America or Celebrity has which surrounds the ship, faces the ocean, and is used for strolling and possibly fast walking or jogging. That apparently is not the case and is not the type of situation I am looking for. So, will have to pay a little bit more to get an Ocean View cabin. Thanks for the info.

We are cruising in July 7th as well.  

1. Did you have to request the egg crates for the beds ahead of time?

2. Did you use a flashlight or some other means of moving about in the dark?

3. What did they seemingly replace the Dreamworks items with?

4.  We are on Deck 7 (promenade) just below park cafe and concerned about the noise.   What does anyone know about this?

46 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Before I actually brought up photos and a couple of videos of the Promenade Deck on the Allure I thought that it was a standard Promenade Deck like Holland America or Celebrity has which surrounds the ship, faces the ocean, and is used for strolling and possibly fast walking or jogging. That apparently is not the case and is not the type of situation I am looking for. So, will have to pay a little bit more to get an Ocean View cabin. Thanks for the info.

FYI, we had an ocean view balcony (and wouldn't do anything else) on the 6th deck and it was an awesome location.  We were close to the Boardwalk (same floor) promenade (one deck down) and the restaurants. We were more AFT that foreward, a little more that 1/2 way back on the ship.   We loved the location of our room and would do it again in a heartbeat.  I personally wouldn't want any of those inside balconies. I'd rather "ocean watch" than "people watch" from my balcony. (IMHO) I believe on that same deck (Promenade) there is a jogging/walking track that goes around the outside. My husband ran on it a few times. But the "inside" Promenade is a busy place.