Valid Visa in Old Passport

Cruise NH

I know that you are supposed to be able to use your still valid Visa (ex. India, China, Brazil) even though you have a new passport.  Again I know this is supposed to be okay but has anyone ever experienced this?  Have you ever handed in two passports (valid current one and old one with still valid visa) into the cruise line?

What has been your experience?  Any problems either with the cruise line or the countries requiring a visa?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reassurance.  It seems so odd to carry two passports.  I sure the heck did not want to go through the Chinese visa process again!  

Unfortunately my husband does need to get a new one from India because his Visa was only for a year (while they gave me a 10 year one).

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

Thanks for the reassurance.  It seems so odd to carry two passports.  I sure the heck did not want to go through the Chinese visa process again!  

Unfortunately my husband does need to get a new one from India because his Visa was only for a year (while they gave me a 10 year one).

I found my 2 passports barely squeezed into my neck pouch. When I renewed, I bought the pp with more pages. (Sort of a “ hope chest “ investment for this next decade/phase of my life).

2 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

Happy to hear it works to carry both passports!   Going to have to get new passports before the current expire because we are out of pages but will have visas that haven’t expired. 

This is exactly our situation as well.  Good problem to have.

• Like 1