Unauthorised Charges *again*

16 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

RCI has been doing ghost charges for years. I first saw it in 2006. Finally, after tiring of calling to have it removed we decided to do cash account. FWIW, cash account is the only way to sail.

I agree.  Have been doing this for almost 5 years now.  Priceless in not having to dispute phantom charges.

This just happened to us on Grandeur.  I checked our statement the last afternoon and there were $150 in drink charges even though my husband and I both had the deluxe package.  I let Guest Services know and they said they would fix it.  The next morning's statement was better but there were still 3 drinks left on the bill.  I didn't have time to deal with it then but I called customer service after we got home.  They refunded the charges to our credit card.  It was a nuisance but at least it was taken care of eventually.  Yeesh.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:39 AM, blackshirt said:

Well, I’ve never had any charges appear post cruise, 16 cruises. So if it is a strategy, they don’t target everyone. I’ve had bogus charges appear while onboard and gotten them removed but never post cruise, knock on wood.

Agree.  We just finished up 7 cruises, b2b, and the only error on our bill was Chops that was prepaid through the Cruise Planner before we sailed, and they corrected the amount immediately.

I have instant text alerts whenever our credit card is used.  I can track RCCL's charges whenever they occur.  I have never had an after-cruise charge come through in 46 years of cruising with RCCL.

The last sea day and debarkation day are hectic for everyone.  As for the mini-fridge:  I liked that on both ships recently the fridge was empty, so anything that went into it was put there by us.