Bermuda Passport question

The Hudson Co. Landlubber

Going to Bermuda on Celebrity for one week in July.  Passport expires in October.  Celebrity says no problem but I am curious if anyone has had any issues with similar overlaps.  I know some international destinations require at least a 6 month window.

And yes, I should have addressed it sooner, I know. :classic_wacko:

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, The Hudson Co. Landlubber said:

Going to Bermuda on Celebrity for one week in July.  Passport expires in October.  Celebrity says no problem but I am curious if anyone has had any issues with similar overlaps.  I know some international destinations require at least a 6 month window.

And yes, I should have addressed it sooner, I know. :classic_wacko:

Thanks in advance.

If you're a US citizen you don't even need a passport to do a closed loop cruise to Bermuda . An official birth certificate and government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license is sufficient. So...if you don't even need  a passport at all  you certainly don't need one with 6 months remaining validity. 

You can confirm that 6 months is not required by going to the US State Department's travel information web page for Bermuda at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Bermuda.html where you'll see that your passport only has to be valid at time of entry:

PASSPORT VALIDITY:

Must be valid at time of entry

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

If you're a US citizen you don't even need a passport to do a closed loop cruise to Bermuda . An official birth certificate and government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license is sufficient. So...if you don't even need  a passport at all  you certainly don't need one with 6 months remaining validity. 

You can confirm that 6 months is not required by going to the US State Department's travel information web page for Bermuda at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Bermuda.html where you'll see that your passport only has to be valid at time of entry:

PASSPORT VALIDITY:

Must be valid at time of entry

I could not have hoped for a more definitive answer from a more authoritative source.  Thank you so much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LA_CA_GAL said:

You will not even need a Passport to get off the ship in Bermuda.

But, if you don't have an enhanced driver's license (and there aren't many-- Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, Washington are the only states that issue them right now) you'll need an original copy of your birth certificate with raised seal in addition to a government issued photo ID. 

You really should not be leaving the US without a valid passport even if you "can". If you needed to fly home because of a medical emergency or anything like that, you would technically not be able to reenter the US without a valid passport by air. It would cause an absolutely massive, yet easily avoidable, mess. 

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

But, if you don't have an enhanced driver's license (and there aren't many-- Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, Washington are the only states that issue them right now) you'll need an original copy of your birth certificate with raised seal in addition to a government issued photo ID. 

You really should not be leaving the US without a valid passport even if you "can". If you needed to fly home because of a medical emergency or anything like that, you would technically not be able to reenter the US without a valid passport by air. It would cause an absolutely massive, yet easily avoidable, mess. 

Are you saying WITH a passport ill need my BC as well?  Or just without?

13 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I know what everyone should have.

My only point was, once you are on the ship and get to Bermuda, you will not need a passport or a birth certificate to get off the ship. 

Seapass and a drivers license (or government pictured ID) are sufficient.

And to further clarify, if you have a passport, you need no other ID whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, LA_CA_GAL said:

I know what everyone should have.

My only point was, once you are on the ship and get to Bermuda, you will not need a passport or a birth certificate to get off the ship. 

Seapass and a drivers license (or government pictured ID) are sufficient.

And to further clarify, if you have a passport, you need no other ID whatsoever.

You actually don't need anything except your cabin / ship card to get off the ship. What you DO need to get back on is a Photo ID