Voyager condition and recent Explorer cruise

malily

Hi folks,

We just returned from a Explorer cruise, which was wonderful. As an aside, we had the same cabin stewardess, Mel, that we had on a Voyager cruise last year. She was wonderful as always and great to catch up with her. Love how this happens on Regent ships. 

We are booked on a 22 day cruise in May, 2020.  Explorer is, without question,  beautiful and with one more specialty restaurant, which are much larger than the other ships, we never had to wait for a table. Actually, we went to 3 of the restaurants multiple times. Never a problem getting a reservation. 

My question is: this will be our third cruise on the Voyager, once before its  2016 refurbish, and one after. We do know her strong and weak points (who thought it would be a good idea to eliminate all the drawer space?) but when is she do for a partial or full refurbish? How was her condition from someone on a recent cruise?  We were on Mariner just before her dry dock a few years ago and she was of course clean as a whistle, but pretty beat up. Any thoughts on how the Voyager is holding up?

4 hours ago, malily said:

(who thought it would be a good idea to eliminate all the drawer space?)

6 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I do hope they start to bring back some of the drawer space on their ships they took away with last dry dock.  That was a bad decision in my opinion and many others. 

Totally agree, cannot imagine what they were thinking.  Hope people have been, and will continue to mention this in comment cards.

• Like 1

Doesn't bode well for our Mariner WC in January 2021.  Although we were on Mariner before her last refurb, and really, I couldn't fault the condition of the ship, aside from the odd scrape on the furniture here and there.

But those drawers--I've heard they can provide you with an extra small chest of drawers, but where to put such a thing in those tight Mariner cabins.  Maybe they'd fit the Voyager standard abin.