Trust me, I have search & searched but no luck.

Mike981

Has anyone stayed at the Hollywood Beach Suites + Hotel? I don't know if it is me or the search function, but I can't get it to work and turn zero results. Most of the reviews I've seen are good, but before I book I would love your input.

Thank you in advance for any help.

If your talking about the Hollywood Beach Resort on A1A in Hollywood, Florida stay away. The place is rundown and most if not all of the stores on the main floor are closed. Thirty years ago the place was in a lot better condition. Even the outdoor pool next to the boardwalk is in poor shape. There used to be a decent boardwalk bar there too but every time I walk by it’s always closed. There are so many better places too stay in the area.

That place is a nightmare and the reason Hollywood Beach area is such a dump.

The area keeps trying to gentrify and you'd think with the opening of the nearly half billion dollar Margaritaville Resort, the area would be on its way.

The units all have individual owners, the HOA is owned by someone different than the owners, the public areas are owned by different party and someone else owns the ground the entire property is on.  They are all fighting each other thus keeping the immediate area blighted.

Keep searching.

It appears the OP is not at the old Hollywood Beach Resort but at this mom-and-pop place a few blocks to the north:

https://hollywoodbeachsuitehotel.com/

Despite the splashy glam shots that litter their website, this is only a 2-star property with small rooms (and even smaller bathrooms) typical of its era, being originally built in 1953 with an addition in 1968.

And they make this inexcusable fatal error in their online description:

he Hollywood Beach Suites Hotel is a new concept hotel ready to accommodate those looking for a chic beach hotel. We have an amazing location...on the beach and boardwalk in the heart of Hollywood Beach, Florida just across the street from the Intercoastal Waterway and minutes from Fort Lauderdale Airport and the seaport.

Its BROADWALK, not "boardwalk" 

Any business that ignorant of the focal point of their location doesn't get dime one from me.

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

I am sorry, I should have put the address: 320 Arizona St, Hollywood, FL 33019

Here is the actual website.

Thank you for the replies.

Like Fishywood said, they can't even get the name of the Broadwalk correct on the front page of their website.

Either the Diplomat, Margaritaville, Marriottt or Doubletree would be my only picks.

18 hours ago, fishywood said:

It appears the OP is not at the old Hollywood Beach Resort but at this mom-and-pop place a few blocks to the north:

https://hollywoodbeachsuitehotel.com/

Despite the splashy glam shots that litter their website, this is only a 2-star property with small rooms (and even smaller bathrooms) typical of its era, being originally built in 1953 with an addition in 1968.

And they make this inexcusable fatal error in their online description:

he Hollywood Beach Suites Hotel is a new concept hotel ready to accommodate those looking for a chic beach hotel. We have an amazing location...on the beach and boardwalk in the heart of Hollywood Beach, Florida just across the street from the Intercoastal Waterway and minutes from Fort Lauderdale Airport and the seaport.

Its BROADWALK, not "boardwalk" 

Any business that ignorant of the focal point of their location doesn't get dime one from me.

It's "intracoastal", not "intercoastal".

Anyways.  The hotel has a ton of reviews, pretty decent, low prices, and it's in a good location just off the broadwalk.  Rooms starting at $44 from what I see on Google.  For that price an a 4/5 on TripAdvisor (over 1,000 reviews) - I'd say go for it!

The area is absolutely not a dump in any way.  Not sure why another poster would say such a thing.  It's possibly the best beach area in South Florida.  There is nothing wrong with the boutique hotels.  My mom stays at a similar type of hotel on the north end of the beach every year and it's perfectly nice and affordable.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34296-d1625460-Reviews-Hollywood_Beach_Suites_and_Hotel-Hollywood_Broward_County_Florida.html

The reviews are very decent.  The owner obviously invested in the rooms and property, as well as the website (even with mispellings).  I'd say that's the type of boutique hotel I'd want to stay at, where the owner isn't afraid to put money in and invest.

Edited by BNBR

6 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

BNBR, I was hoping someone from the area would respond. Thank you.

I am looking at January, so the price is closer to $125.

That's a great price considering the location.  I haven't stayed there but you can read the TripAdvisor reviews.  All the recent reviews look great.  The property responds to them and has active management.  Plus the location is really solid.  The broadwalk is awesome, with some of the best restaurants in FLL right near you.  Seriously, go for it.  Just know it's a small boutique hotel, obviously.  You'll have a great time wandering the broadwalk, checking out the beach, live music (in front of Margaritaville Weds - Sun 7pm - 9pm), bicicyle rentals, great bars on the intracoastal and Oprah's best burger in the USA (Le Tub).

If you have any questions, keep them coming.

31 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Okay all booked at the hotel. Just an FYI, there is an $8 per day resort fee that you will need to factor in.

Make sure to update us on your experience.

I sure will. At the very least I will do a trip report, but I will try to report back here. If I don't it won't be because I was lazy, it will be my bad memory.

We're pretty fired up about this cruise in January. It is our first cruise over seven days, we are doing a 10 day cruise on the Celebrity Reflection.

Thank you again for all of your help, it helped immensely.

• Like 1