Query on NCL Dining in General & Breakaway in Particular?

Hi Guys,

I've read that you normally have options other than the buffet for lunch on NCL...including one of the dining rooms and O'Sheehans.

I have also seen some posts on here stating that the wait times for meals at O'Sheehans are normally quite lenghty. What has been your experience?

Also do Savor and Taste offer the same menu items on any given night? eg. do they both serve prime rib the same night or does one for argument's sake serve it on thursday and the other Friday?

Finally..I am seriously allergic to any/all shell fish, callimari scallops and any other mollusk type fish 😱. My wife LOVES all of those I listed. She wants to do the Teppenyaki but I am seriously fearful of cross contamination as my allergy quite sensitive😬. Is getting food from another venue and bringing to the teppenyaki frowned upon? 

Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

That wait times very for every restaurant, but I’ve never waited more than 5-10 minutes. 

The menu at Taste, Savor and Manhattan Room are the same for all 3, but they change every night. The lunch menu does not change. Teppanyaki is fantastic and they ask about allergies, before they begin. Your food will  be cooked separately in the back or before the seafood. I’ve seen it done both ways. 

• Like 1

Usually just one dining room will be open for lunch, and usually only on sea days, not port days.  The wait times at O'Sheehan's vary widely depending on what time  you are trying to get in and how large your group is.  Near the "all aboard" time is usually busy because people have been on shore all day and come back wanting a snack/lunch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bajan Keith said:

Hi Guys,

I've read that you normally have options other than the buffet for lunch on NCL...including one of the dining rooms and O'Sheehans.

I have also seen some posts on here stating that the wait times for meals at O'Sheehans are normally quite lenghty. What has been your experience?

Also do Savor and Taste offer the same menu items on any given night? eg. do they both serve prime rib the same night or does one for argument's sake serve it on thursday and the other Friday?

Finally..I am seriously allergic to any/all shell fish, callimari scallops and any other mollusk type fish 😱. My wife LOVES all of those I listed. She wants to do the Teppenyaki but I am seriously fearful of cross contamination as my allergy quite sensitive😬. Is getting food from another venue and bringing to the teppenyaki frowned upon? 

Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

For lunch you'll have O'Sheehans, the buffet, and either Taste or Savor. On sea days, at least on our cruise in December, there will also be a special themed mini-buffet at Moderno, the theme and times will be listed in the Daily.

We've never had to wait too long in O'Sheehans, no more than 5 min to be seated. However their service is a little less polished at lunch time, and we found that apps and entrees frequently came out together. Not a big deal, but you might feel a little rushed. 

Savor, Taste, and the Manhattan Room will all offer the same choices on the same night. Exactly as you stated, if it is prime rib night for the MDRs, all 3 will offer it. 

• Like 1

I believe on the Breakaway you also have Margaritaville  but it may only be open for lunch on Sea Days.  There is a set menu for all 3 dinning rooms and then a portion that varies for dinner each night.  My wait times at O'Sheehans have been long and in the evening they almost always forget something.  It became a bit of a standing joke.  Also, order two drinks at O"Sheehans even soda.  They don't come back to refill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyalLady said:

That wait times very for every restaurant, but I’ve never waited more than 5-10 minutes. 

The menu at Taste, Savor and Manhattan Room are the same for all 3, but they change every night. The lunch menu does not change. Teppanyaki is fantastic and they ask about allergies, before they begin. Your food will  be cooked separately in the back or before the seafood. I’ve seen it done both ways. 

I am very happy to hear this. My wife did not want to go if I was uncomfortable with the possibility of cross contamination so now we can both go and enjoy the show.👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, basicprincess24 said:

For lunch you'll have O'Sheehans, the buffet, and either Taste or Savor. On sea days, at least on our cruise in December, there will also be a special themed mini-buffet at Moderno, the theme and times will be listed in the Daily.

We've never had to wait too long in O'Sheehans, no more than 5 min to be seated. However their service is a little less polished at lunch time, and we found that apps and entrees frequently came out together. Not a big deal, but you might feel a little rushed. 

Savor, Taste, and the Manhattan Room will all offer the same choices on the same night. Exactly as you stated, if it is prime rib night for the MDRs, all 3 will offer it. 

Thanks for the info. Had forgotten about Moderno.

I am currently reading your latest review by the way😄. Really enjoying it.

13 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I believe on the Breakaway you also have Margaritaville  but it may only be open for lunch on Sea Days.  There is a set menu for all 3 dinning rooms and then a portion that varies for dinner each night.  My wait times at O'Sheehans have been long and in the evening they almost always forget something.  It became a bit of a standing joke.  Also, order two drinks at O"Sheehans even soda.  They don't come back to refill.

Two Drinks....Got it! Very sound advice😀

2 hours ago, Bajan Keith said:

The Teppanyaki staff is really good about allergies.  The Chef will ask and will be very carefull that there is no cross contamination.  Go and enjoy yourself, the food is great; I love the filet it melts in your mouth.  BTW, I can't remember if it is in there, but make sure there is no crab in the salad.

• Like 1

Just on the Breakaway a couple of weeks ago.

Open for lunch on all days: Garden Cafe (11:30am - 3pm), O'Sheehan's, and Margaritaville ($14.95; 12pm - 4pm).

Additionally, open for lunch on sea days: Savor (12pm - 1:30pm), Shanghai's (reservations only; 12pm - 2pm), Ocean Blue (a la carte; 12 - 2pm) and Wasabi (a la carte; 12 - 2pm).

Had lunch at O'Sheehan's on 3 days. (1) Around 12 noon on the first sea day; 20 minute wait. (2) 2pm on a port day; 10 minute wait; (3) sat at the bar around 3pm; no wait. Food always came quickly.

• Like 1