Jewels of the Sea - Juky 14th

We were on Jewel of the Seas last week 😎.  We used Civitavecchia Shuttle Express to transport our group to the cruiseport.  Most of the companies I contacted limited luggage to one piece per passenger; CSE allowed us unlimited bags.  So we had two Mercedes minivans to transport 12 passengers and LOTS of luggage.  They were very accommodating and responsive everytime I contacted them.  I believe we paid about $70/pp.  

Enjoy JOTS!

Edited by lola2013

We had a great time!  

Out of our entire group, I was the lone picky eater but I certainly didn't starve.  We ate 7 nights in Tides and 2 in the Windjammer.  The buffet is always my preference as I love to roam the buffet and take my meal outside, but the rest of the group opted for more traditional dinner.  All breakfasts in the Windjammer were delicious.  The only thing I missed was Sorrento's Pizza which was delicious on my recent Majesty of the Seas sailing.  There are some sandwiches, pizza and a few deserts in the Solarium for late night snacking, but not a big selection.  FYI, in addition to the regular dinner menu, there are three items along the bottom of the menu that are available for an extra charge.  Towards the end of the cruise, our waiter offered us 50% discount on the filet.  It was DELICIOUS...and well worth $8.95!!!  I believe it was the same filet that we were served in the Murder Mystery Dinner (save your money...that was way too long and not enjoyable).  Lunch in Windjammer on sea days was also very good.

I only went to a couple of shows which were okay.  There's also theme parties in the Centrum...we loved 70s disco night.

Space in the cabin (we had the aft-facing cabins on deck 9) was generous.  I sailed solo so definitely had a ton of space; but my friends that shared a cabin said they also had plenty of room.  

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Romecabs got us from the ship to Rome, then Rome to the airport. I can't say enough good things about them. They were at the boat already when we managed to get off an hour earlier than anticipated and the driver was waiting outside our hotel the next morning 20min before he was supposed to be there. English speaking, very friendly and knowledgeable. 

• Like 1