No Atlantis excursion for December 20 Bliss sailing?

We're interested in the Atlantis Aquaventure sailing...since it's our first time there, we'd prefer to go through NCL and book through them and use their transportation. However, the Aquaventure isn't coming up as an option for our cruise in myNCL. Any reason why that might be? Will it get added closer to the cruise? I see outside companies are offering it for the day we're in port (December 24), though without transportation. TIA!

I bought our passes through an outside company. Easy to get transportation

and you can come and go on your own terms plus buy which food you want from the stands.

That said, read some reviews to decide whether you want to do this. Some people

have a great time but we didn't.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, schildiams said:

Transport is easy - there will be taxis waiting outside the ship and there is also a ferry. You can also book a room at the comfort suites next door  - they will provide you with four wristbands per room. 

Good tip on Comfort Suites! I had read something about that. Is it quick enough to get from the water park to the Comfort Suites? We may actually take a midday break in the room just to get out of the sun and rest a bit.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, zqvol said:

It's pretty early for a December excursion. It should show up. NCL may be reworking Nassau excursions because fo the Cuba cancellations.

Good to know--thank you!

On 6/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, Peachypooh said:

I bought our passes through an outside company. Easy to get transportation

and you can come and go on your own terms plus buy which food you want from the stands.

That said, read some reviews to decide whether you want to do this. Some people

have a great time but we didn't.

Oh no! Why didn't you enjoy it?

17 minutes ago, kylielkinnaman said:

Oh no! Why didn't you enjoy it?

Here is my story that I posted on another thread.

It was a blistering hot day (not Atlantis's fault) and the complex is massive. They opened the box office

20 min late(their fault ). We stood in line for 45 min. so thank goodness I had water with us.

The complex is massive with poor signage. Little things like

"the lazy river has multiple access points so pay attention to where you got on so you can reunite

with family" was not told to us so we ended up wasting almost an hour trying to find each other.

Texting didn't work even though we had signed up for a plan. Lunch was overpriced. A wrap and

bottle of water was $20 each. But for me the worst was the employees either because they were

new or in a bad mood consistently pointed in the opposite direction of where we asked to go. Which

way is the children's play area? They pointed in the exact opposite way. So when family tried to find

us they were directed to a sand dune. Now writing this I see it was  a bit of an exaggeration but if you have

ever been hot to the point of fainting and alarmed because you couldn't find your family in a big

park and pay $800 for the priviledge you can see why I was upset. PS I had tried to download

a map before we left home and it was not detailed at all and sure enough it was the same useless

map handed out.

• Like 1

I wouldn't even bother with the taxis... There are water taxis available from the waterfront downtown that drop off directly under the bridge at Atlantis and then you have a short walk to the Marina Village and ultimately the front door of Atlantis right where the ticket/box office window is located.  You can also book your tickets in advance direct through Atlantis' website as well.  

On 6/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, Peachypooh said:

Here is my story that I posted on another thread.

It was a blistering hot day (not Atlantis's fault) and the complex is massive. They opened the box office

20 min late(their fault ). We stood in line for 45 min. so thank goodness I had water with us.

The complex is massive with poor signage. Little things like

"the lazy river has multiple access points so pay attention to where you got on so you can reunite

with family" was not told to us so we ended up wasting almost an hour trying to find each other.

Texting didn't work even though we had signed up for a plan. Lunch was overpriced. A wrap and

bottle of water was $20 each. But for me the worst was the employees either because they were

new or in a bad mood consistently pointed in the opposite direction of where we asked to go. Which

way is the children's play area? They pointed in the exact opposite way. So when family tried to find

us they were directed to a sand dune. Now writing this I see it was  a bit of an exaggeration but if you have

ever been hot to the point of fainting and alarmed because you couldn't find your family in a big

park and pay $800 for the priviledge you can see why I was upset. PS I had tried to download

a map before we left home and it was not detailed at all and sure enough it was the same useless

map handed out.

They have printed maps you could pick up at every entry point to the park...  And the Atlantis App for phones with detailed maps of where everything is located.

As for the food, what would you expect at a resort of that nature?  It's just like any amusement park, Disney or Universal..  Overpriced food...  😕

8 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I wouldn't even bother with the taxis... There are water taxis available from the waterfront downtown that drop off directly under the bridge at Atlantis and then you have a short walk to the Marina Village and ultimately the front door of Atlantis right where the ticket/box office window is located.  You can also book your tickets in advance direct through Atlantis' website as well.  

I’ve heard many times on CC that a taxi gets you closer, plus you don’t have to wait for a ferry to fill up.

22 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve heard many times on CC that a taxi gets you closer, plus you don’t have to wait for a ferry to fill up.

December 24th is going to be a 4 ship day in Nassau AND Christmas Eve...  I would go with the expectation that traffic will be heavy trying to get to Paradise Island that day.  We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes on the ferry to actually depart from the waterfront and often there are lines to the point they are just loading up and going almost immediately...  Especially first thing in the morning.  I think the general rule is they depart no more than every 30 minutes anyway.

3 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

December 24th is going to be a 4 ship day in Nassau AND Christmas Eve...  I would go with the expectation that traffic will be heavy trying to get to Paradise Island that day.  We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes on the ferry to actually depart from the waterfront and often there are lines to the point they are just loading up and going almost immediately...  Especially first thing in the morning.  I think the general rule is they depart no more than every 30 minutes anyway.

We’ve never been to Nassau when there has been less than 4 ships, a couple of times it was full! We make sure to get right off of the ship and into a waiting taxi (family of 7 so we fill it), and we are on Paradise Island in 15 minutes (we’ve done Atlantis twice and RIU once). We are in a pool by 9.

2 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

We’ve never been to Nassau when there has been less than 4 ships, a couple of times it was full! We make sure to get right off of the ship and into a waiting taxi (family of 7 so we fill it), and we are on Paradise Island in 15 minutes (we’ve done Atlantis twice and RIU once). We are in a pool by 9.

Last time we did Atlantis, I think we were there by 9:30 so...  Whatever.  I'd prefer the scenic views of the water ferry over being crammed in a taxi any day.  You do you...