Size of luggage tag

Jayers

Could someone please measure the size of cunard’s luggage tags? I’m looking to buy a luggage tag holder for my suitcase but they come in different sizes. Thank you in advance. 

11 minutes ago, Jayers said:

Could someone please measure the size of cunard’s luggage tags? I’m looking to buy a luggage tag holder for my suitcase but they come in different sizes. Thank you in advance. 

The print yourself tags are a quarter of a sheet of paper [8 by 2 3/4 inches] after the folding.

6 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

The print yourself tags are a quarter of a sheet of paper [8 by 2 3/4 inches] after the folding.

The print it yourself tags are designed to be folded , looped around the bag handle and then stapled. The have the passengers stateroom and a location code to help the baggage handlers get the bags to the right location. I don't think there is a luggage tag holder that would serve that purpose. 

If you have an assigned stateroom, you will receive labels in your voyage booklet that Cunard will send you. They are adhesive similar to those the airlines use but substantially narrower. The self print tags from the Voyage Personalizer can be used for additional bags, or the actual label if you didn't not have an assigned stateroom at the time the booklet is mailed. 

Here is what the do-it-yourself luggage tags from Voyage Personaliser look like.

1817535765_QM2LuggageLabel.thumb.jpg.e06

I measure the printed area of the tag to be 6.25" x 9.25" (or 16 cm x 23.5 cm).

After folding as instructed (to be looped and stapled around a luggage handle), the final measurement I come up with is 1.25" x 9.25".

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

Are you looking on Amazon?  Most of the tag covers there will list the lines that they fit. (If not, you might want to check it out)

I recall that it's the same size holder as Celebrity.
Also, the measurements listed above assume that the tag will be encircling the handle. For the holders, you'll be folding them in half (with each half visible through either side) so divide the length by 2 (resulting in 4.6-ish inches?)

I don't use luggage tag holders myself, but the Cruise Critic Logo Store offers these luggage tag holders.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

They indicate the wide tag holder (3 1/4 inches by 6 1/4 inches) is suitable for Cunard. That would fit a Cunard luggage tag folded like this to dimensions of approximately 2.5" x 4.6".

Side 1

image.png.1edef3cd374f38d2457dfbb01c0b0db8.png

Side 2

image.png.506cff877f8fb63b28105a1699f5d192.png

That's probably considered preferable to using the narrower tag holders which would necessitate hiding the passenger contact information (name and mobile number) beneath the final fold.

Edited by bluemarble

2 hours ago, MarkBearSF said:

Are you looking on Amazon?  Most of the tag covers there will list the lines that they fit. (If not, you might want to check it out)

I recall that it's the same size holder as Celebrity.
Also, the measurements listed above assume that the tag will be encircling the handle. For the holders, you'll be folding them in half (with each half visible through either side) so divide the length by 2 (resulting in 4.6-ish inches?)

Yes, thank you Mark. I purchased these, per your suggestion. They work great. Get that bear some honey, pronto! 😀

• Like 1