Gulf of Oman Attacks

Balaena

21 hours ago, tjwa said:

The Suez Canal does not exit into the Persian Gulf.

I know it doesn't.  I wouldn't sail anywhere around that area.  I actually thought this was a Worldie we were talking about which would mean the Gulf and Suez, My mistake.  

45 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I know it doesn't.  I wouldn't sail anywhere around that area.  I actually thought this was a Worldie we were talking about which would mean the Gulf and Suez, My mistake.  

Your initial comment is understandable now.  Not all cruises go through the Straight of Hormuz though when passing through Suez.  They could still call at Salalah or Muscat and there is always the Red Sea ports of Aqaba,  Sharm or the other Egyptian Red Sea ports. 

If they get security sorted, perhaps cruises will go ahead as a lot do pooter around that area now in the winter.  I am sure P&O will be in regular touch with ABTA and the FOC regards that, as I have known that happens when areas are potentially a problem.  So the decision may not be entirely in P&O's hands as we tend to assume.  Carnival may pull rank as well of course.

Edited by tring

Flowerpowe22

we are on the 10 th Oct booked paid and to be honest looking forward to it, booked as i want to see Suez, Oman and obviously Dubai, i even changed from the 21 to 22 nights so as to get an extra day in Dubai

as of Yesterday 22 july the cruise is still on sale, so hopefully looking good for going

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tring said:

If they get security sorted, perhaps cruises will go ahead as a lot do pooter around that area now in the winter.  I am sure P&O will be in regular touch with ABTA and the FOC regards that, as I have known that happens when areas are potentially a problem.  So the decision may not be entirely in P&O's hands as we tend to assume.  Carnival may pull rank as well of course.

Having said that such things can be resolved quickly it is human nature that if that happened & P&O had decided to,somehow, avoid the area I am sure that there would be some that would complain that they acted too quickly,a bit of a sticky situation for them IMO.

Edited by snaefell
  • Like 1