Carnival Horizon

beshears

5 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I have a neck strap which cannot come off my neck that holds my phone, which again cannot come loose, and was not allowed. However, anyone can have their card on a lanyard and it is fine. They also don’t want you to use your hands for anything but holding the handles which is just silly.

I was looking at a few pictures online, but it's hard to tell. It is an over-the-shoulder harness?

5 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

get the chest strap for your go pro and you can take it with you.  That is the only approved way!

When I bought the camera, I almost bought an accessory kit that happened to come with a chest strap, but I went with something else. Oh well, that'd probably be the only time I'd use a chest strap, and I'm not going to buy one just for that, so it is what it is. I get it, safety first. Or more like, avoid lawsuits first. 😁 Still a bummer. Guess I'll have to settle for pictures/video from the deck.

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I was looking at a few pictures online, but it's hard to tell. It is an over-the-shoulder harness?

When I bought the camera, I almost bought an accessory kit that happened to come with a chest strap, but I went with something else. Oh well, that'd probably be the only time I'd use a chest strap, and I'm not going to buy one just for that, so it is what it is. I get it, safety first. Or more like, avoid lawsuits first. 😁 Still a bummer. Guess I'll have to settle for pictures/video from the deck.

Odd how head or even hand straps aren't allowed. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:12 PM, beshears said:

The Horizon sounds like a large ship.  If you have been on it within the past year, I have a couple questions.

There will be 8 of us on this trip, but NO children.  I see they have a Family Harbor. What is this all about, and is it worth being in this area?

I also see they have a ride call Skyride?  Is there a cost to ride it, and is it worth it?

I see that most of your questions were answered.  I just wanted to add that while Horizon and Vista are very large ships, they really don't feel crowded at all.  Unlike ships like Sunshine, where they added capacity but no space, Vista and Horizon are built for their high capacity.  I have sailed on both, with another on Horizon scheduled.  Love both ships.  I see you have a larger group, but no kids.  I would HIGHLY recommend the Havana Area if you can swing it for future cruises.  I had a Havana on Horizon and, as a person who tries to avoid unruly kids, I was in heaven.  Vista class ships are among my favorites!

24 minutes ago, Thebosn1 said:

I see that most of your questions were answered.  I just wanted to add that while Horizon and Vista are very large ships, they really don't feel crowded at all.  Unlike ships like Sunshine, where they added capacity but no space, Vista and Horizon are built for their high capacity.  I have sailed on both, with another on Horizon scheduled.  Love both ships.  I see you have a larger group, but no kids.  I would HIGHLY recommend the Havana Area if you can swing it for future cruises.  I had a Havana on Horizon and, as a person who tries to avoid unruly kids, I was in heaven.  Vista class ships are among my favorites!

I disagree. If you take a look at 

I agree with the crowding during peak seasons. It was a lot, and disembarkation in New York was horrible. When I went on a bigger ship later that same summer, I found the lines for disembarkation much better.