Experience with Boardwalk View Interior cabins on Oasis-class ships?

I've been looking at a cruise on Oasis of the Seas for January 2020 and there appeared to be some phantom availability for Promenade View Interiors, where it showed up as an option when selecting the room but no rooms were available. After repeatedly checking over a few days, I managed to snag room 7321.

I normally would not care for a view of the promenade, but according to deck plans, there are eight rooms on Deck 7 of every Oasis-class ship that overlook the boardwalk (and are below Boardwalk View Balcony cabins). They're located directly above where Johnny Rockets or Playmakers are, on either side. Oddly, these are sold as Promenade View cabins, but they definitely don't have a view of the promenade.

If anyone has experienced one of these cabins, I have a few questions:

• Does the room get a meaningful amount of daylight?
  • Is the view of the boardwalk interesting enough to justify a small premium over a windowless room? Any overall impressions of this room specifically?
  • What does the window area of the room look like from the interior? Typical Promenade View cabins have a large bay window with built-in seating but based on photos of the boardwalk, these windows are round porthole-style.

If anyone has any pictures of these cabins, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Haven't been in one but they look like pretty small windows under the 8th floor balconies and above the yellow and white awning to the right.  Might be the larger windows in second photo or smaller ones to the right.  Note that your cabin has nothing to do with the Promenade - it is Boardwalk view.  In the rear of the ship the Boardwalk is on 6, so nothing on 7 could see it.  Any Promenade view cabin would have to be between the elevator banks.    Deck plan shows 22 cabins in this area and quite a number of them are advertised as Cat 2T "Promenade View Interior".  Color code for yours looks also like 2T, but it isn't near the Promenade.

100_1260.JPG

100_1287.JPG

Edited by LeeW
more

The Central Park View and Boardwalk View cabins are fine they are larger than most insides. The Promenade View cabins do not allow you see the sun or the moon. They are totally enclosed.

Royal would have loved to classify the CP Views and Boardwalk Views as Ocean views but you can't see the ocean from most of them.

I took this picture from my boardwalk balcony on Symphony - a boardwalk view room window is right at the kids play area. Our group kept commenting how awful that room must have been because there were always kids at their window. I’d assume it’ll be similar on Oasis so check to see where your window will be.

E01DCDA4-F8A8-454E-984E-DB74F7B74EFC.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Oasis is actually going into dry dock this November and is getting Playmaker's and the Abyss slide, so I've been looking at images from Symphony to get a sense of the sight lines and what's visible. It looks like that from 7321, the awning of Playmaker's and the cover of Abyss do obstruct a large part of the boardwalk, but at least there is a view of the Aqua Theater and there's definitely daylight, so that's a big plus. 

37 minutes ago, SSMEX said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Oasis is actually going into dry dock this November and is getting Playmaker's and the Abyss slide, so I've been looking at images from Symphony to get a sense of the sight lines and what's visible. It looks like that from 7321, the awning of Playmaker's and the cover of Abyss do obstruct a large part of the boardwalk, but at least there is a view of the Aqua Theater and there's definitely daylight, so that's a big plus. 

And a larger room.  We’ve done the Central Park view rooms a couple of times and liked them.