Any Aurora questions?

AndyMichelle

8 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Thanks from me too.

"It seemed a happy ship in general, both crew and passengers."

That was the impression I gained when I was on her a month or two ago. I suspect that a lot of credit for the happy crew goes to the senior crew members: the captain, of course, but also the hotel manager (is that what they're called nowadays?) and restaurant manager. And I imagine that a happy crew works better and goes a long way towards ensuring that the passengers are happy.

Yes, credit must go to the senior officers.

Neil Turnbull was the captain, although he left the ship today and after his break, I believe he is joining Azura.

I did not like him at all previously, but he did a lot to change my mind this cruise. Very visible and sociable and his announcements were toned down but still a bit repetitive.

Andy

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Surprisingly, the entertainment was fantastic, something for everyone.

The headliners destination dance was really good plus their Queen tribute. They also did songs from the shows which was not for us.

We saw a good comedian, Phil Melbourne twice, both different shows and very funny.

Soul Kinda Wonderful were brilliant as were the Base Tones.

There was plenty going on for the 'oldies', classical concerts etc, but plenty of options if not your thing.

The only real disappointment was the house band, boy can they kill a tune.

Timings of shows was an issue and some of the entertainment team didn't seem that interested. The DJ was reading her kindle and sighed every time someone made a request.

Overall, much better than our last cruise on Aurora in December.

In addition, forget the horror stories about it being full of oldies now adults only. I know this was only 7 nights and it will differ on longer cruises, but there was a very good mix of ages. The eight on our dining table were 45/55 and there were plenty of other similar.

Quite a few younger and plenty older, but definitely not overrun.

There was a great vibe on the ship.

Andy

I’m glad to hear there’s a good mix of ages onboard & that there are things in place to entertain us 40 somethings! Fingers crossed it stays like that for our next cruise. We seen the Queen tribute onboard Indy & thoroughly enjoyed them. I always liked the atmosphere on Aurora & was concerned that would change. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Won’t bother taking the travel scrabble now!!

On 6/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Just another thing to look out for that we missed as well as the draught beer package was the galley tour. It was £15pp with champagne and canapés. Apparently it was excellent.

I must take more notice of things...

Andy

Sorry, I missed this in the thread. What is the draught beer package and how much does it cost please,  

12 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Sorry, I missed this in the thread. What is the draught beer package and how much does it cost please,  

I didn't see it until near the end when a barman kindly pointed at a sign on the bar and said 'you should have done this'....Thanks...

I think it was buy 10/20 draught pint package and receive 15% discount. Probably 10% for ten and 15% for twenty. Sorry, I should have paid more attention.

Andy

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I didn't see it until near the end when a barman kindly pointed at a sign on the bar and said 'you should have done this'....Thanks...

I think it was buy 10/20 draught pint package and receive 15% discount. Probably 10% for ten and 15% for twenty. Sorry, I should have paid more attention.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Will investigate in 2 weeks and report back on the separate thread if nobody confirms!  

I was on Aurora last month and found that shows and entertainment now reach as far as the 80s!

They are pretty accurate on 60s and 80s, but I don't know where they were in the 70s. I was 14 in 1970. P and O's 1970s and mine are 2 different universes!

49 minutes ago, Clodia said:

I was on Aurora last month and found that shows and entertainment now reach as far as the 80s!

They are pretty accurate on 60s and 80s, but I don't know where they were in the 70s. I was 14 in 1970. P and O's 1970s and mine are 2 different universes!

I don't know Clodia, we seemed to hear a lot of Abba and Queen in the shows. Quite a bit of Olly Murs and the like as well as the expected Drifters/Jersey Boys type sounds that everybody seemed to like. Genuinely found it a good mix. 

Andy

Edited by AndyMichelle
Spelling mistake

4 hours ago, Clodia said:

The 80s will do me just fine!