Question about Studio Cabins

FaithPlus1

Adding to my earlier post: I compared some fares for inside cabins occupied as singles and for studios on ships that have both. All of my comparisons were for transatlantic itineraries in 2020 since I am interested in one (but for 2021).

On about half, an inside double occupied as a single cost more than a studio, and on the other half, it cost less. I think that this could vary almost daily as new bookings are made, depending on which is selling faster. I did not compare any studios on one itinerary with insides on another, but some of the lowest fares I've seen have been on smaller and olderships that don't have studios, and which offer generally fewer amenities and activities, or closer to the sailing dates.

55 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

But studios do have a floor that I personally haven't seen them go under. The Bliss cruise they got down to $899 and that's the lowest I've ever seen one.

My 6-day Pacific Coastal (April 28-May 4) on Bliss was $799 for the base fare, booked about 2 weeks before final payment.

• Like 1

Count me as a fan of the studios.  I've seen the sailaway rates for an inside cabin cheaper on occasion but I actually like the studios.  With everything being bright and white they seem roomier or less claustrophobic than the insides I've been in, storage is well designed (once you get them to take out the little foot stool under the desk), I'm only in them to sleep and shower anyways, and I always choose the beverage package as a perk so factor that into the cost.  Add in a great coffee machine and even if an inside is a little cheaper, I'd continue to book a studio room. 

So far as the solo gatherings, the ones I've been on have always been in the lounge, if they were listed as somewhere else the coordinator would run down and get anyone that showed up there.  Doors were propped open so you could get in during it, and we had a lot of people that were traveling with friends / sharing a cabin show up.  

For someone that enjoys traveling alone and has no interest in spending time in their cabin, I give then a thumbs up.

• Like 2