dress code question

ed01106

14 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

The problem is that there is actually no name for a well tailored jacket, so you can't differentiate it by name from what was a orginally daytime outdoors wear, I.e. a sports jacket.

I will be wearing a well tailored jacket , not a blazer , and not an outdoor sports jacket.

Good morning Windsurfboy.

Nice to see the 'Dress Code' issue is still alive and well. Like you I choose to wear well tailored jackets and have always aimed to be well within the limits of what was, until recent times, considered the 'norm' on Cunard.

Indeed, I'm happy to proudly boast that no matter what Cunard level of dining or entertainment venue I have experienced, I have never felt the necessity to remove my jacket. I put it down to one's character really. 👿

Both my wife and I also prefer, shall we say,  more colourful outfits while still maintaining the standard that was more than acceptable in years gone by.

On my recent 19 night 'cruise' on Queen Victoria I wore a jacket every night and for the first ten of those evenings never wore the same one twice: and that was a cruise that involved pre and post cruise flights. 

Julie

Like your husband this is the type of jacket I think Cunard intended , that is, a well tailored sports jacket  well cut , similiar to the above , but in a colour and cloth (pattern) of the wearers choice , with appropriate coloured trousers. He will look very elegant hope he wows them. 

I  actually think it's a lot smarter and more elegant than an "office suit", ( official name lounge suit ). The QG full of men in grey suits would make you think of a conference ,  not of a special occasion in an elegant first class restaurant on holiday.  Smart jackets and trousers in a range of colours will add to the elegance.

Windsurfboy thank you for your reassurance. I think it is one way he gets to have fun with fashion. I mean why should I get all the fun 😊.

Solent Richard, I have read and enjoyed your blogs. You and your wife always look elegant and I think it wonderful how you have fun with your clothes while still staying within the dress code of Cunard.

Julie