Fonsie's Bar

molly361

Everything in Coxen Hole is walkable from the dock, depending on how much walking you do. 

I would be concerned if they are still open, the Facebook page was updated in 2017 and the reviews on Trip advisor are from 2015. 

1 minute ago, Guest 2000 said:

Everything in Coxen Hole is walkable from the dock, depending on how much walking you do. 

I would be concerned if they are still open, the Facebook page was updated in 2017 and the reviews on Trip advisor are from 2015. 

Thanks  I was thinking the same thing.  Do you have any bar recommendations within walking distance?

Monkey LaLa is right in port if you want just a bar. And there's Captain Jack's and Fort Consolation both a short distance away to your left.

If you're looking for good Honduran food close to the port, try Berties or Madah's Kitchen, both a short walk along the road going to your right out of the port.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 9:05 AM, crewsweeper said:

Monkey LaLa is right in port if you want just a bar. And there's Captain Jack's and Fort Consolation both a short distance away to your left.

If you're looking for good Honduran food close to the port, try Berties or Madah's Kitchen, both a short walk along the road going to your right out of the port.

Hi There - Is Fort Consolation walkable from the Coxen Hole Port and a safe walk?  My Mom and I will be walking there as she won't zip line 🙂 I have heard mixed comments on safety and don't want to walk somewhere too far or sketchy 🙂

11 minutes ago, CJJSanchez said:

Hi There - Is Fort Consolation walkable from the Coxen Hole Port and a safe walk?  My Mom and I will be walking there as she won't zip line 🙂 I have heard mixed comments on safety and don't want to walk somewhere too far or sketchy 🙂

We just got back from there.  We walked as far as Capt Jack's )not very far) and the walk was pretty sketchy as there is no sidewalk and we had to dodge the oncoming cars.  Not sure if it gets better past there on the way to Ft Consolation

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJJSanchez said:

Maybe you can sweet talk a taxi guy to driving there.  But would agree little shoulder off the road that way, no sidewalk.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJJSanchez said:

The zip line no longer goes from the port to the fort as they are expanding the pier area

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CJJSanchez said:

Is Norwegian still going into Coxen Hole given the construction? 

Sorry I have no idea but Norwegian generally tenders in if Royal are docked in my experience so I would think so. 

I had no idea construction was progressing.

Edited by c-leg5