Voyager Headed to Hong Kong?

Looks like Voyager is scheduled to leave Singapore for 9 nights to Hong Kong on 6/29/19.  Gotta wonder what things will be like with 2 million protesting in the streets yesterday.  Another cruise leaves from Hong Kong on 7/12 and perhaps there is a 4 day cruise leaving on 7/8, but nothing shows on RCCL website.  The question remains, what will Royal do if there are still protests at that time?  Appears it would be difficult to skip Hong Kong since it is both a disembarkation and an embarcation port.  Has anything similar to this ever happened before and what was the remedy?

9 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

The protests are on Hong Kong Island, port is on the other side of the harbour

From the TV footage, l would have said that the protests are on the mainland, not the island. That said, they may be protesting, but are respectful, and, as has been said, not affecting port operations at all.

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot

7 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

From the TV footage, l would have said that the protests are on the mainland, not the island. That said, they may be protesting, but are respectful, and, as has been said, not affecting port operations at all.

They are outside the Central Government complex, on HK Island

• Like 1

We will be on the July 12 sailing on the Voyager. Hopefully, the protests will stay in the Central/Causeway Bay areas on HK island if they continues and basically on Sundays. I am sure it's going to affect transports on the MTR but probably not too much near the port. 

We are on the cruise coming into Hong Kong and I asked our HK tour guide about the protests and she didn't seem to think they would affect our visit overly much. She said we would just have to avoid the area (if they were protesting at the time of our visit) and considering how little time we are spending in the city it won't be hard.  

She was surprised that people are still going to the city and that other then me that no one has asked about the protests, let alone cancelled any upcoming tours.  

I just hope hope they remain as peaceful as the last couple were.