Nassau Activity for 3 year old

WoebysMama

Cruising to Nassau this fall and will have my 3 year old with me.  Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for toddler friendly excursions.  I think Atlantis would be great, but my main concern is transportation... Looking for ideas from someone who has already experienced the port with a toddler.  Thanks in advance!  

Blue Lagoon is perfect for that age.  The water is shallow, sandy, and no waves.  The transportation is via their own ferry right from the cruise port, so no dangerous taxi (no carseats!).

• 2 weeks later...

my twins will be 3.5 when we do Nassau. I'm considering the Seaworld Explorer tour through the ship - a shallow submarine ride. I agree that Atlantis seems great but not finding a simple way to do it while avoiding a taxi/bus and still see the aquarium/marine habitats. 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, ALK02G said:

my twins will be 3.5 when we do Nassau. I'm considering the Seaworld Explorer tour through the ship - a shallow submarine ride. I agree that Atlantis seems great but not finding a simple way to do it while avoiding a taxi/bus and still see the aquarium/marine habitats. 

You can take a water taxi to Atlantis and pay to see the aquarium.

When my kid was 2 we went to the Zoo on our own. We walked, but it was a bit of a hike with the stroller. Doable if you are up for it. Stopped at the fish fry on the way for drinks. I think we took a taxi on the way back, can't remember. 

More recently, 5 year old, we did a glass bottom boat tour right from the main building. 

On 6/19/2019 at 2:31 PM, BNBR said:

Blue Lagoon is perfect for that age.  The water is shallow, sandy, and no waves.  The transportation is via their own ferry right from the cruise port, so no dangerous taxi (no carseats!).

where is blue lagoon? a beach..excursion?

15 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

here is a link to their site - they do take direct bookings but sometimes easier to book thru cruise line excursion as the ferry picks up for the cruise lines at the end of the pier as opposed to having to take a taxi to the pick up site for the privately booked ferry.

https://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

Would you recommend this over a beach day at Atlantis?

44 minutes ago, Jmrosa1 said:

Would you recommend this over a beach day at Atlantis?

Definitely, the water at cabbage beach can get very rough, I think blue lagoon would be a much better choice. The ferry leaves right from the port.

We have not done a beach day at Atlantis as a port stop so cant compare. The blue lagoon was enjoyable. We had a toddler with us and the beach area was great for him. DH found some pretty good snorkeling on the ocean side and there is a lifeguard there as well. We did not do the dolphin or other sea animal adventures but those were also available. It was a pleasant relaxing day when we were there