Recommended hotel in Tampa?

mattR

Will be driving up from Miami post cruise to catch our flight out of Tampa, will potentially arrive late afternoon and flight isn't until 2pm the next day.  Any recommendations on a hotel in Tampa Bay?

If you want something to do during your Tampa stay, try and get one downtown so you have options on different activities nearby

If you don't care about that, any of the decently rated chains around the airport will suffice

Edited by Maverick61

We have sailed out of Tampa many, many times.  Each time we chose to stay at a "brand" hotel.  However I was following one of these boards and someone mentioned the Tahitian Inn.  I looked at their web site and the pricing was amazingly low.  We took a chance and were SO glad we did.  We have since stayed there again. The restaurant is pretty good and we didn't even leave the hotel once we were there.  It is a cute, boutique hotel with a tropical vibe.  The staff were very, very friendly and accommodating.  We chose each time to book the Park and Cruise package.  Our van driver was friendly and since we left early, he drove us around the Tampa area and gave us a mini tour and told us facts I never knew, despite being from Florida.  It was a great experience.  

DSCF1286.JPG

DSCF1025.JPG

DSCF1026.JPG

DSCF1031.JPG

8 hours ago, oceangypsy said:

Is there a restaurant at that hotel free shuttle? Anything close by?

We ate at the hotel, which we considered pretty good.  When we get to a hotel, pre-cruise, we choose not to go anywhere, but rather enjoy a carefree day to "get ready" for the fun ahead.  I don't remember if anything was close by.  Yes, the cruise shuttle was free and the drivers are great.