what teen girls wear on cruises with Royal Carribean

Hi there

My husband, daughter (age 13) and I are going on cruise with Royal Carribean on 4.8.19 to the Med

Really looking forward to it

I have asked this question to ensure I pack to right stuff for my daughter to wear so can any one advice what teen girls wear on the ship - formal nights and the other nights

During day should be fine but didn't want not to have the right clothes for her

Thanks

1 hour ago, fandash said:

Hi there

My husband, daughter (age 13) and I are going on cruise with Royal Carribean on 4.8.19 to the Med

Really looking forward to it

I have asked this question to ensure I pack to right stuff for my daughter to wear so can any one advice what teen girls wear on the ship - formal nights and the other nights

During day should be fine but didn't want not to have the right clothes for her

Thanks

She certainly doesn't need anything too formal...a 13 year old knows how to dress up a bit. We just returned from the Med/Greece with RCI and it's definitely a mix of many options.

Our daughters would typically wear sundresses on formal nights.  Shorts and t-shirts the rest of the time.

Edit: Sorry, just realized that this was a Med question.  Our daughters were not with us during our Med cruise and I didn't pay close enough attention, but I didn't really notice a large difference in dress in general, so sundresses should be fine.

Edited by bobmacliberty

People outside the USA generally respect the dress codes more often.  So formal nights, wear a nice dress (not gown, but just a nice dress)  Boys should have a button down shirt, nice pants, and possibly a tie.  During Casual nights, jeans are fine, but it is not as common.  Shorts are usually not even seen at dinner.

You don't need to go overboard with clothes, just pack smartly.

Not sure of your itinerary, but one thing to keep in mind for excursions is that when visiting churches in Italy (eps the Vatican) and sometimes in Spain, both knees and shoulders must be covered.  We're packing light shawls that I will carry in my purse (can also wrap them like a sarong for a quick pop into a Church) and for the day visiting the Vatican museums, she is going to wear a very light pair of pants.  Just something to think about for the hot summer months--most teen girls have not a thing that covers their knees and walking around Rome in a pair of jeans isn't fun in the summer!

Can't comment on the European cruises, but for Caribbean cruises, my 13 yo likes to dress up.  For "formal"  she will wear something dressier/sparklier etc - akin to what one would wear to a junior prom .  She has some dressy rompers/jumpsuits some with long pants that she will wear on non-formal nights.