Bar in Montenegro

Hi. We're going to be visiting bar in Montenegro in August and I was wondering what was best to do in that port. I've read about an old town, but was wondering about the best way to get there or if there was plenty to see near where the ship docks. We're not bothered about going further afield if we can help it. Thanks. Claire

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

The dock is a block form the gate into Old Town.  There are some churches and such that you can easily walk to, and you can walk up the mountain if you'd like.  There are plenty of cafes to have a glass of local wine or beer.  

Might that be describing Kotor Montenegro rather than Bar? I'm absolutely open to being wrong.  I only wonder as I started to type a rave review for bars in Kotor before realising my mistake.  There is a famous hill hike from Kotor to a magnificent viewpoint.  I can't find reference to one from Bar? From the internet Bar seems to be about the beach and ancient olive trees?  Only added in case I am not the only twit who thought the query might be about where to get  a good drink! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

Might that be describing Kotor Montenegro rather than Bar? I'm absolutely open to being wrong.  I only wonder as I started to type a rave review for bars in Kotor before realising my mistake.  There is a famous hill hike from Kotor to a magnificent viewpoint.  I can't find reference to one from Bar? From the internet Bar seems to be about the beach and ancient olive trees?  Only added in case I am not the only twit who thought the query might be about where to get  a good drink! 

My first thought when I read the title was it was asking about a bar (pub) as well.  😀

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 8:26 PM, Daisyloo said:

My first thought when I read the title was it was asking about a bar (pub) as well.  😀

Ummm. Wasn’t it? And I was thinking, I’d like to know about a good drinking establishment.  Always nice to try the local offerings. 😂