Oceania Riviera refurbished?

wren777

We've booked a 10 day Caribbean cruise on Riviera for March 2020; have always sailed on Regatta in the past.  I've read various posts about Riviera showing wear and that it was scheduled to have some refurbishing done in dry-dock this year but haven't been able to confirm it.  Has anyone sailed on Riviera recently who could comment on the condition of the ship?

We don't spend much time in our cabin so always book a G class.  We're fine with the G cabins on Regatta but I understand the G layout on the larger ships is different.  Is there a small sofa or comfortable chairs to sit in in the G cabins?  Any other input on G?   Hopefully these cabins are also in good shape.

2 hours ago, wren777 said:

We don't spend much time in our cabin so always book a G class.  We're fine with the G cabins on Regatta but I understand the G layout on the larger ships is different.  Is there a small sofa or comfortable chairs to sit in in the G cabins?  Any other input on G?   Hopefully these cabins are also in good shape.

Someone shared this site which I think is super.  Scroll down and see G.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Oceania-Marina

• Like 1

We sailed Riviera last month.  She had just come out of dry dock the end of April.  All carpets throughout the ship had been replaced, new chairs in the Terrace Cafe, and a total remodel/expansion of Barista's.  There were also new teak railings on the pool decks.  Probably other things that I'm not aware of or don't remember.  We thought the Riviera was beautiful.  -Katie

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wren777 said:

Yes.... as I recall  ...    I love the R ship insides on deck 8... possibly the best location on the ship access to everything and on the same deck as a penthouse.     Taken both  prefer the F of PH. and B's  .

• Like 1

We were just on her from Barcelona to Rome at the end of June.  We heard that concierge cabins had received new carpets and linens, but we saw no changes in the 2 staterooms that we occupied.  The love seat was the only thing that saw that looked tired.  Everything else was clean.  I would not hesitate to book again.  

• Like 2