Will Carnival change Amber Cove for another port?

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Nobody is safe even in the carnival cruise port area!

We haven't heard too many cases of people getting killed, sick, or dying while in Carnival port areas.

6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I know a chef on one of the Dream class ships, he said they are not allowed to get off at Amber Cove!!  Doesn't this tell you something?

So you think Carnival believes Amber Cove is so dangerous that they won't allow their own crew off the ship there, but they don't have a problem letting thousands of passengers off?

Or...maybe it has something to do with Amber Cove being a relatively small, self-contained port complex with nothing else in the nearby area. For all the crew who happen to be off the clock while in Amber Cove, there's not much for them to do. Everything is designed for the passengers' enjoyment. Maybe they don't want to let a bunch of crew off the ship who will just take up limited seating around the restaurant/bar and pool that are meant for the passengers.

19 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Unsanitary? The bars of soap in hotels and on cruises are wrapped in factory-sealed packaging. You're the only one using it. If, for some reason, there's an opened bar in your room, obviously don't use it and ask for a new one. Millions of people use bars of soap at home. Liquid soap from a pump bottle is a relatively new concept compared to how long bars have been around.

I don't have any fears about using the body wash & shampoo from the shower dispensers on cruises. A lot of people pack their own soaps & shampoos, but it's always because the stuff in the dispensers isn't the best quality and people like their preferred brands. I find it hard to believe that stewards or their team members would ever tamper with them.

I never thought the stewards or team members would tamper with them.  I always think of other passengers.

11 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I know a chef on one of the Dream class ships, he said they are not allowed to get off at Amber Cove!!  Doesn't this tell you something?

I don't believe that for one second. We saw plenty of crew at or near the bar using the internet. 

I do not understand all this worry about being ashore in the DR?
Have you read one story about any cruiser who has gotten sick or died??
The answer is "NO!!"

How are you folks deciding that because people die in resorts on the other side of the island that magically cruisers will be somehow in danger?

I don't get it at all!

Edited by riffatsea

for me Amber C was a free pool day.  A nice pool with free water slide & for a fee ziplines.  Nothing special & it was a long walk from the ship.  You can rent lockers, but they were not near the pool area when we were there.  We will be going there again in Nov & plan to stay in Carnival's area.