Visa OBC

I redeemed some points through the RCCL visa credit card.  I would like to use the points for an excursion but I have no idea where I would find the transaction on my account with RCCL.  I should say I just redeemed the points today and my cruise isn’t until end of September 

They typically apply the OBC from points in order of sailing date.  It could be 2-3 weeks before your cruise before you see the OBC in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

You can try calling the redemption people at 888-305-4626 and ask if they can apply sooner so you can book excursions.

As Bob said, you can call.  You may have to try a couple times.  I called and explained I wanted to purchase something that was on sale in the cruise planner.  That was about 7 weeks before sailing, but about a week after I made the redemption. 

It showed up up in my cruise planner a couple hours after I made the call. 

I recently cruised on Explorer and I was ‘gifted’ $150 OBC from a relative from their Royal VISA card points.

The correct reservation number was applied and the points deducted from my relative’s account.

So, when I got onboard I checked with Guest Services and the OBC was not there.

I had proof of the transaction and gave it to them.  They checked with Miami to find out what was going on.

Turns out because I booked the cruise in Euros (I’m in Ireland) that the OBC could not be applied and there was no way they would honour the gift. I always book direct with Royal Caribbean, get quoted price in dollars then ask for Euro price, pay in Euros.

Then I was told they would hold over the OBC for six months and I would need to book and pay for my next cruise in dollars and then they would apply the $150 to that reservation. Otherwise the $150 is lost.

I am not happy and neither is my relative.

So those of you gifting OBC be aware.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland