Amalfi tour including Positano, Ravello, Sorrento

CountessP

We are coming into Amalfi itself, Seabourn Encore, in August.  Would like a driving tour that takes us to all towns mentioned.

I cannot find a tour that does this.  Perhaps a taxi at the port?

Any suggestions to offer?  Thanks in advance.

Are you docking in Naples ?

If a company doesn't offer a group tour that you like, you can ask for a private tour.   It's pricey but I'm sure it would be less expensive than hiring a cab for the day.

Our group didn't want to include Sorrento as it is a big city and we wanted to concentrate on the smaller towns.  Plus we wanted to include a ferry at some point in order to view the coast from the sea.  I talked to several companies that were recommended on this forum and chose Aldo Limousine; they were the most willing to work with my ideas, yet reign me in when I was unaware of traffic constraints.  400 E for the day.  

Thanks so much for your suggestion.  The information I've gathered tells me we are docking in Positano or Amalfi itself, on the Amalfi coast.  I believe we are tendering.  I am having trouble finding private transport out of one of these towns.  

A personal friend told me his favorite city was Sorrento, but many others have commented like you, that the smaller cities are much nicer, so I will probably abandon the thought of including Sorrento since it's so out of the way. And I do want to go to Ravello, which I believe is the other direction. I'm starting to think I may have to book a ship cruise or just go for a cab when I get there.  Although I do hear there is bus transport between these small towns.

yes, we wanted to include Ravello also.  Initially we looked at the group tours that include Pompeii and a bit of the Coast, but after researching web sites and trip reports, we decided that the coast was our priority so we gave up Pompeii and added Ravello.  Then went from a group tour to a private.

This site has info on buses, each town, plus a map of the coast, under GETTING HERE.  

https://www.positano.com/

On 6/29/2019 at 9:14 AM, CountessP said:

We are coming into Amalfi itself, Seabourn Encore, in August.  Would like a driving tour that takes us to all towns mentioned.

I cannot find a tour that does this.  Perhaps a taxi at the port?

Any suggestions to offer?  Thanks in advance.

We used italytoursharing.com, which is run by Joe Banana Limos.  They have tours out of Sorrento and Amalfi that take you to Positano, Ravello, and Amalfi or Sorrento depending on where your port is.  They were very professional.  If you want a private tour go to the Joe Banana Limos website.  If you would like more people to share the cost the italytoursharing site worked great! We had a van with 8 people so it was a small group.  We tendered in Sorrento so we actually didn’t have time to see Sorrento, but out of the other cities we loved Ravello and Positano.  Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 8:14 AM, ksp819 said:

We used italytoursharing.com, which is run by Joe Banana Limos.  They have tours out of Sorrento and Amalfi that take you to Positano, Ravello, and Amalfi or Sorrento depending on where your port is.  They were very professional.  If you want a private tour go to the Joe Banana Limos website.  If you would like more people to share the cost the italytoursharing site worked great! We had a van with 8 people so it was a small group.  We tendered in Sorrento so we actually didn’t have time to see Sorrento, but out of the other cities we loved Ravello and Positano.  Enjoy!

I have a small mobility scooter and the tour company are telling me that Positano is on a hill.   Do you think I will be able to get from the top of the hill to the bottom on a mobility scooter?   (I believe they let us off at the top and then meet us at the bottom so I am concerned about being able to do that)?   

Also whether I can get around Sorento on my scooter?   I was told it's uneven pavement.   Not sure if I should sign up for the tour or not?   Any info appreciated.

1 hour ago, mexico8 said:

I have a small mobility scooter and the tour company are telling me that Positano is on a hill.   Do you think I will be able to get from the top of the hill to the bottom on a mobility scooter?   (I believe they let us off at the top and then meet us at the bottom so I am concerned about being able to do that)?   

Also whether I can get around Sorento on my scooter?   I was told it's uneven pavement.   Not sure if I should sign up for the tour or not?   Any info appreciated.

Unfortunately, I think it would be very difficult to get down to Positano.  While I don’t remember any stairs just a steep cobblestone road, you are constantly jumping back on the sidewalk to let cars pass and the sidewalk is very small.  I’m not sure it would be very enjoyable or safe.  They do literally drop you off at the top and you have to work your way down.

As for Sorrento, we did not have time to see Sorrento so I do not know how accessible that would be.

Hope you find something that works. 🙂

Thanks to everyone that replied.   I have lots to read and will be able to decide if I can visit all the different towns.   They do look beautiful and I look forward to seeing all that I can.   

• 2 weeks later...

When we docked in Amalfi we did 2 separate things. We got the red open topped Bus from Amalfi front up to Ravello & went to the Villa  Ruffolo which was wonderful. We then went back in the bus and caught the ferry from Amalfi to Positano.  We didn’t stay long in Positano as it was July so very crowded!