Still confused!

pulsar1990rhodes

We are Australian citizens sailing in October this year, New Zealand to Sydney. On our cruise planner it says under Optional Gratuity PrePayment, $156 per person, in AUD. At the bottom it says, Amount to pay now  $0.00 AUD. So that means we don't have to pay at all, or that will change up to $300ish still before the cruise? I know this has been explained before but I am still not sure.

2nd question, what is the price of drinks if you don't buy a drinks package, eg a beer, a soft drink. Again this is not clear on the Princess site, though I may be missing it.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, pulsar1990rhodes said:

We are Australian citizens sailing in October this year, New Zealand to Sydney. On our cruise planner it says under Optional Gratuity PrePayment, $156 per person, in AUD. At the bottom it says, Amount to pay now  $0.00 AUD. So that means we don't have to pay at all, or that will change up to $300ish still before the cruise? I know this has been explained before but I am still not sure.

2nd question, what is the price of drinks if you don't buy a drinks package, eg a beer, a soft drink. Again this is not clear on the Princess site, though I may be missing it.

Thanks in advance

You are being given the option to pay before the cruise, but you don't have to - hence the amount to pay now is zero.  If you do not prepay, it will be added to your on board account on a daily basis.  If you have OBC, that will be reduced first.

As far as drinks, I don't know - hopefully another cruiser can help you.

In you Optional Gratuity Payment, if there is a small box in front of the name then it has not yet been paid.  If the word PAID appears in front of the amount, then it is already paid.  If you wish to pay this before the cruise simply check the box for each passenger and the amount at the bottom will change and you can pre-pay these charges.  If you do nothing now, this amount will be added to your on board account on a daily basis for you to pay at the end of the cruise.

As far as drink price, these are the latest I have.  Please add 18% gratuity to each drink.

Beer -- $625 - $675 ( Foster's Oil Can 25 oz is $10.00)

Soda -- $2.00; Milk Shakes -- $2.50; Water -- $2.00 - $3.50

Wine -- $6.25 - $13.00

Alcohol -- $5.75 - $12.50

Coffee -- $1.75 - $4.50

6 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

You are being given the option to pay before the cruise, but you don't have to - hence the amount to pay now is zero.  If you do not prepay, it will be added to your on board account on a daily basis.  If you have OBC, that will be reduced first.

As far as drinks, I don't know - hopefully another cruiser can help you.

The above refers to U.S. practice. It is different in Australia than in the U.S. From what I have read for cruises sailing to/from and sold locally in Australia the gratuity is included in the price of the cruise. Don't believe you will be charged for any additional house keeping gratuities on board. Someone in Australia should verify.