Safe excursion for Single Female

cruisin 07

Group of 4 with 3 divers and wife a non diver. She like beach days and sight seeing and of course shopping. 1 day off a cruise ship. 8 am to 5 pm. Looking for suggestions that my wife can do on her own and feel safe. First time to the island. Thanks in advance.

Have her join a group from the ship for an excursion to the most visited tourist attractions on the island. This can arranged at the port area as many people do not take a ships sponsored island tour. They will use the ships excursion desk or site for more specialized activities such as the train, zip line and a few others.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:58 PM, cruisin 07 said:

Group of 4 with 3 divers and wife a non diver. She like beach days and sight seeing and of course shopping. 1 day off a cruise ship. 8 am to 5 pm. Looking for suggestions that my wife can do on her own and feel safe. First time to the island. Thanks in advance.

$35 day pass at The Marriott, nicest beach on St. Kitts bar anything. The property is expansive you can sight see wherever you want, the shops and boutique's in the hotel are high end. Great shopping she can spend the entire day on the property never have to go anywhere. 

Your party can join her for drinks when your finished diving. She'll be right there waiting for you, snug as a bug in a rug. Later Todd

10 hours ago, TTEllis said:

$35 day pass at The Marriott, nicest beach on St. Kitts bar anything. The property is expansive you can sight see wherever you want, the shops and boutique's in the hotel are high end. Great shopping she can spend the entire day on the property never have to go anywhere. 

Your party can join her for drinks when your finished diving. She'll be right there waiting for you, snug as a bug in a rug. Later Todd

What a great selection.  

Safe, secure, happy, entertained, good food and drinks, with well healed guests to interact with.  Who knows, new friendships could be made over cocktails?

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

What a great selection.  

Safe, secure, happy, entertained, good food and drinks, with well healed guests to interact with.  Who knows, new friendships could be made over cocktails?

Thanks, friendships made over cocktails in the Caribbean last a lifetime. 

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Thanks, friendships made over cocktails in the Caribbean last a lifetime. 

True, we made 4 lifetime Bajan friends while on vacation in Jamaica, over a Port Royal cocktail or two (same again routine), on a warm balmy evening sitting in a bar overlooking the sea in Ocho Rios.

Hence "Port Royal" just had to be my name for CC.

Now it's a rum sour, Jamacian style, with an overproof lid.  No fruit, no eggs, no fizzy water.

safe travels

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

True, we made 4 lifetime Bajan friends while on vacation in Jamaica, over a Port Royal cocktail or two (same again routine), on a warm balmy evening sitting in a bar overlooking the sea in Ocho Rios.

Hence "Port Royal" just had to be my name for CC.

Now it's a rum sour, Jamacian style, with an overproof lid.  No fruit, no eggs, no fizzy water.

safe travels

I love Ocho Rios climbed the falls several times. Climbing Dunn's River is wonderful when your hungover(very refreshing) and I was back in 1995.

We walked through a rainforest called Fern Gully, I wasn't feeling that great(I was terribly hungover) because of the huge party the night before on the ship(Carnival Sensation my first cruise ship). I was sick, everybody else thought it was funny, best tour guides ever they were very understanding, I'm very entertaining especially when I'm hungover on vacation trying to navigate through a rain forest in pouring RAIN.

"rum sour, Jamaican style, with an overproof lid' YUMMY!!!! 

That sounds GREAT!!!

"overlooking the sea in Ocho Rios" 

I've seen it before, it's awesome. Yes "warm and balmy" and something different, it's magnificent.

Port Royal

I wish I knew how drink like you did.

Edited by TTEllis