Price guarantee following onboard 📖 nh

Goaty

Has anyone made a claim for an amendment to a booking following a special promotion on the Regent website? I made an booking whilst on a cruise earlier this year for a 2020 cruise that I noticed today has a special promo running showing quite a significant reduction in the cruise fare. There is a best price guarantee that came with the booking but Regent don’t seem to want to adjust the cruise fare before the onboard savings and discounts although the guarantee says you can take advantage of new promotions plus the added benefit of onboard savings. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this because i can’t therefore see what the benefit is to passengers!!

thank you. 

Yes, we have achieved a price match for an on-board booking when there was a subsequent price reduction.

Some things to check:

1. For the grade of suite you booked, is the web price today less than the web price at the time of your booking?
  2. Are you comparing "apples" to "apples"? i.e. does the promotional fare include everything that was included in your booking; such as air fares, transfers, pre- or post-cruise land tour or hotels etc?
  3. Is there still availability in the suite grade you booked?

If everything checks out then continue pursuing your TA and Regent.

3 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Flossie009, question---if the suite grade isn't available why does Regent post a new price?  They soiled just mark it SOLD OUT.

Presumably because they don’t want to discourage  guests to from booking a gty or to waitlist.

However the small print of the price guarantee requires that there is still availability in the suite grade you booked in order for Regent to honour a price drop or other offer.

I agree with Flossie, check there is still availability of your suite grade and check that the reduced price is lower than the bottom line original price you were quoted including any discounts you obtained when you booked. Also, as Flossie says, that the new price includes air fares etc.

Yes,  we have had two price reductions relating to the onboard booking guarantee with no problems at all, just call your TA and ask them to request it.

All I would say is that in my experience there is little communication about it all and I only knew that it had been implemented when I eventually received an updated invoice because in the UK here Regent seem to have to check with their ‘inventory’ department in Miami. ( so I was told at the time ).

On our upcoming Baltic BTB cruise, there have been two price reductions which Regent have honoured.  BUT it wasn't straightforward.  Even though we had booked on board at an agreed price, Regent would not 'negotiate' the price after it had dropped with us directly as they stated we had to discuss it with our TA as they had set the price (!?).  From talking to our TA, it wasn't easy and it involved a number of quite uncomfortable calls and emails.  It was worth the effort given it eventually saved us about $5k, but as Flossie mentioned, take care it is 'like for like'.  And if you book on board then cancel and rebook to take a different lower priced Cabin Category due to the 'reduced fares' promotion, reduced penalties may apply.  

Such reductions are possibly a bit more common to travellers outside North America, and to an extent the UK, as we don't get airfares included, so the reduced cost is entirely to Regent rather than accommodating an airfare component.

The bottom line: when speaking to the cruise consultant on board, take the time to listen carefully, take notes and ask for confirmation of whatever they are promising in writing.

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Presumably because they don’t want to discourage  guests to from booking a gty or to waitlist.

However the small print of the price guarantee requires that there is still availability in the suite grade you booked in order for Regent to honour a price drop or other offer.

I agree with you, just doesn't make since to reduce a price of a sold out category---that would only upset people that have made that purchase early which helps Regent.  Something Regent should re-think in my opinion.