Pride

bjfitz0703

I'm not sure on either of your questions but you will LOVE this ship its not to big or small!!

We are from Maryland so its great for us maybe a 30 min. drive to port of Baltimore(which has always gone fast for us )Never needed faster to Fun at this port but have always got it in Florida's ports. Were planning a big kids grads. cruise for 2021on the PRIDE,  1-college,1-going to college,1-going to high school.  Have a great time 

46 minutes ago, ChipFire said:

I'm not sure on either of your questions but you will LOVE this ship its not to big or small!!

We are from Maryland so its great for us maybe a 30 min. drive to port of Baltimore(which has always gone fast for us )Never needed faster to Fun at this port but have always got it in Florida's ports. Were planning a big kids grads. cruise for 2021on the PRIDE,  1-college,1-going to college,1-going to high school.  Have a great time 

Thanks.  Went on the Pride twice out of Baltimore in 2009 and 2010.  Just got off the Sunrise and that was very, very crowded.  Don't remember the Pride being that crowded although sailed at the same time of year.  Thinking of a Pride return in 2020 plus only 30 minutes from Annapolis.  Also Grand Turk and HMC are the best.  We hit GT on the Sunrise cruise and it was a super day there. Has Freeport improved at all or still a disappointment?  I see now the Pride has many of the great amenities like Guys and the taco place.  Plus Red Frog Pub.  This was a great place on the Sunrise.  Was asking about the TVs as sometimes we just like to relax and watch a movie in the room.  This was great on the Sunrise.  We would watch a movie over a day or two coming back to it at times across a day or two.  Also middle internet package on the Sunrise worked well.  Enjoy your 2021 grad party!

We were on the Pride in May, I honestly didn't pay attention to the TV-I'm a TV addict at home and  try to avoid it while cruising.  It helps that there isn't a great selection of channels. :)  We didn't have any problems with the internet.

We just got back yesterday (7/7)  from sailing to Bermuda on the Pride.  We were in a 4K with flat screen TV.  I will try to write my review Wednesday (7.10).  Some changes, some complaints, some pics.  Great service as usual.

• Like 2

Hello! I'll be boarding in 32 days, can anyone tell me what production shows are currently running?  I was on the Pride 5 years ago, but I don't know how often they switch things up. I just know I LOVED this ship.

14 minutes ago, KellyW25 said:

Hello! I'll be boarding in 32 days, can anyone tell me what production shows are currently running?  I was on the Pride 5 years ago, but I don't know how often they switch things up. I just know I LOVED this ship.

Wish I could answer the show Qs ........I too love the Pride.  Just got off Sunrise and not a fan.  Too crowded.  We had a blast yet the ship is not ideal IMO.  Someone posted on here that the Sunrise was the worst ship ever.  Don't feel that was the case neither.  Good enough albeit crowded.  Glad we did it yet time to move on.  Don't remember the Pride being that packed and sailed on her twice at the same time of year.  Thinking of going on the Pride June 2020 at this point.  Hard to beat Grand Turk and HMC.  Freeport is a disappointment though.  Note on the Sunrise The Comedians were fantastic ( 3 out of 4 were excellent.  One was ok) so I assume they will be on the Pride too.

We are big fans of the Pride. Been on her 3 times - most recent was last year. We drive in from Toronto each time. For us it is the perfect size. Never over crowded, no huge lines. Great food choices, awesome shows. You cannot beat Grand Turk and HMC - as seems to be the common response. Internet was dodgy, but makes no difference to us.

Okay, not new to cruising at all and not really new to Carnival, but this will be our first trip on Pride. We're used to Grandeur out of Baltimore and we basically arrive when we want, there's never a wait for parking, etc.and we are usually onboard by 11.  I still dont' get why Pride arrives so much later.  So, I'm reading reports all over the map of cruising on Pride out of Baltimore.  We just booked a week or so ago so ended up with 230-3 checkin and since RCI doesn't do that (or enforce times for example in NJ) this is new to us.  Our previous Carnival trips didn't have it either.  We plan to arrive near Baltimore by noon (after going to church) and grab lunch along I-95 since we used to live up there and know the area.  That puts us at the port before 130.  How bad is it there and then?  And, why is it so much worse that Royal?  Pride isn't that much bigger. 

16 minutes ago, BND said:

Okay, not new to cruising at all and not really new to Carnival, but this will be our first trip on Pride. We're used to Grandeur out of Baltimore and we basically arrive when we want, there's never a wait for parking, etc.and we are usually onboard by 11.  I still dont' get why Pride arrives so much later.  So, I'm reading reports all over the map of cruising on Pride out of Baltimore.  We just booked a week or so ago so ended up with 230-3 checkin and since RCI doesn't do that (or enforce times for example in NJ) this is new to us.  Our previous Carnival trips didn't have it either.  We plan to arrive near Baltimore by noon (after going to church) and grab lunch along I-95 since we used to live up there and know the area.  That puts us at the port before 130.  How bad is it there and then?  And, why is it so much worse that Royal?  Pride isn't that much bigger. 

Believe Pride arrives back later in the am so things are adjusted an hour later.  Guess is takes longer to cruise up the Bay.  One thing is the Pride cabins open like 230 as an FYI, so 230 sounds great.  You should be fine at 130.  Sailed on the Pride twice and never had an issue.  Great ship!  Good size ship.  Hope you hit half moon and grand turk!

3 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Believe Pride arrives back later in the am so things are adjusted an hour later.  Guess is takes longer to cruise up the Bay.  One thing is the Pride cabins open like 230 as an FYI, so 230 sounds great.  You should be fine at 130.  Sailed on the Pride twice and never had an issue.  Great ship!  Good size ship.  Hope you hit half moon and grand turk!

Grandeur gets in at 7 am, Pride at 10 am, so it's 3 hours.  I've never seen why.  The Bay is just as long for Grandeur as it is for Pride. Yes, we're going to HMC and Grand Turk and Freeport.  We've been to GT and Freeport a couple of times.  I know the cabins open later but a lot of people report problems at Baltimore and we've never had a single one there on Royal.  No lines to get into the parking lot unless you arrive before the gates open either.

30 minutes ago, BND said:

Grandeur gets in at 7 am, Pride at 10 am, so it's 3 hours.  I've never seen why.  The Bay is just as long for Grandeur as it is for Pride. Yes, we're going to HMC and Grand Turk and Freeport.  We've been to GT and Freeport a couple of times.  I know the cabins open later but a lot of people report problems at Baltimore and we've never had a single one there on Royal.  No lines to get into the parking lot unless you arrive before the gates open either.

Not sure why.  Maybe getting back from Freeport to Baltimore is a haul and they need the extra time? I know sometimes it gets there earlier and sometimes later.  Never had a problem in Baltimore.  I usually sail Carnival and like to get a boarding time at or after cabins are open.  In this way you just go right there and get set-up in the room.  Plus getting through the nonsense is much faster.  Just did this in NY.  had 1:30 boarding.  Left hotel in NY for the Sunrise at 1:05.  Walked the 10 minutes to the pier,  Was on the ship and in the cabin at 1:30 (this cruise had 1:30 cabin available time).  Actually had to wait 5 minutes for the cabins to open.  Best boarding ever.  Carnival does have FTTF (Faster to the Fun) yet likely is sold out by now.  If so you can get right on the ship.  Love the Pride.

5 hours ago, bjfitz0703 said:

Not sure why.  Maybe getting back from Freeport to Baltimore is a haul and they need the extra time? I know sometimes it gets there earlier and sometimes later.  Never had a problem in Baltimore.  I usually sail Carnival and like to get a boarding time at or after cabins are open.  In this way you just go right there and get set-up in the room.  Plus getting through the nonsense is much faster.  Just did this in NY.  had 1:30 boarding.  Left hotel in NY for the Sunrise at 1:05.  Walked the 10 minutes to the pier,  Was on the ship and in the cabin at 1:30 (this cruise had 1:30 cabin available time).  Actually had to wait 5 minutes for the cabins to open.  Best boarding ever.  Carnival does have FTTF (Faster to the Fun) yet likely is sold out by now.  If so you can get right on the ship.  Love the Pride.

FTTF is sold out but I keep checking.  So, we'll see.  

13 hours ago, PA Dutchman said:

On the Pride 14 times , its to close to home.  Topic internet, if you want to do any games with a laptop in facebook forget it, it takes forever to load. Use it for anything else and it seems OK.  

I bought the middle package of internet.  A lot cheaper than Royal.  Our experience on Sunshine about 4 years ago was that the internet worked great.  Of course it was a "new" ship (refurbished ship) but for what we paid, it was a great deal.  It was something like $50-$75 for the 8 night cruise.  We use internet mainly for email and to check Facebook.  No games, occasional videos.   Still watching for FTTF, but since it's so close, not likely.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, PA Dutchman said:

On the Pride 14 times , its to close to home.  Topic internet, if you want to do any games with a laptop in facebook forget it, it takes forever to load. Use it for anything else and it seems OK.  

Wow.  14 times!  That is awesome.  I have been on her twice yet not since 2010.  Thinking of 2020.  I just got back from the Sunrise and we got the middle internet package and it worked quite well.  The Sunrise was like a B.  Very crowded.  The updates were obvious yet some of it did seem "old" too.  Think the Pride is a well designed ship and solid size.  Is she holding up well?  Hope they haven't added more cabins!

I checked around 6 pm and FTTF was available so I grabbed one.  It still shows available so they must have released a few.  Its for the 28 July cruise in 15 days.  Now we can go straight from church and be at the Baltimore port around noon.  

15 hours ago, BND said:

I checked around 6 pm and FTTF was available so I grabbed one.  It still shows available so they must have released a few.  Its for the 28 July cruise in 15 days.  Now we can go straight from church and be at the Baltimore port around noon.  

Super.  That is great! Helps with the tenders too etc

• 2 weeks later...

kellyW25...Last weeks shows were Pop to the 80s, Lip Sync, Taj Dance show with Buffet/Beach Boys music, Comedy Club several shows every night Pg/explicit, Mega Deck Party, 80s glow night deck dance party, 90s night in the night club, adult scavenger hunt, Newlywed Game Show, ice-carving, hairy chest competition/ pool, Hasbro game show and Clue.  Dr. E was the cruise director.