I just got out of RCCL booking hell/jail

18 hours ago, pcur said:

Started at 9am EST, got a meal, and ended at 4:30pm EST.  I am sooooooo done and sick of this.

I had 2 cruises, one with a $231 FCC and they are b2b.  Wanted two that required less air travel, and hopefully cost less.  I found them today.  

Well, it took RCCL 2.5 hours to do it, and I was still suspicious that the pricing on one of them was wrong, because the RCCL fuzzy math just wasn't making sense.  Plus, the invoices were incorrect:  1 had the cabin number from the old cruise, and the balance due was wrong (due to my suspicions); the 2nd cruise had the final payment amount and due date left over from the old cruise.

It's not the money that's my issue, but the INCREDIBLE amount of time it took to transfer 2 cruises to new ships and dates, re-price, and apply a $231 FCC.  It should have taken about 15 - 30 minutes.

I feel for your frustration!  You should have been around when the Oasis was cancelled because of that crane incident.  I was trying to book another cruise with that free cruise to hook on to one already booked.  OMG talk about fuzzy math and it took a couple of days and several different departments before it was all done.  I take  the cruise at the end of the month so my fingers are crossed.  I will not touch that booking for fear the whole thing will go poof!  Also supposedly I'm getting a FCC after I complete it.  We'll see, I'm not counting on seeing it.

10 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

What is the issue? What is booking jail?

The issue is that Royal Caribbean has so many fake sales and their own dynamic way of calculating them that they are confused themselves. Booking Jail is being held captive on the phone while they  solve the issue. Basically house arrest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:09 AM, Host Clarea said:

Seems like it's a very long time to get a booking issue fixed.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:34 AM, pcur said:

Bob is correct:  I was on the phone for about 5-6 hours yesterday to get 30 minutes of changes done.  Mr. Pcur wouldn't come back in the room because of the horrible TA hold music.  It was like listening to "It's a Small World" all day!!

On 7/6/2019 at 8:27 AM, Iamcruzin said:

The issue is that Royal Caribbean has so many fake sales and their own dynamic way of calculating them that they are confused themselves. Booking Jail is being held captive on the phone while they  solve the issue. Basically house arrest.

This happens every time I call.  I guess I just consider it the norm.  I had a old onboard certificate that I changed the sailing date about 4 times.  Every new change was a long hold with different information each time.  

I actually find better service when calling the main customer service line vs the C&A desk. 

Nothing like that has happened yet with us, but it sounds like an incredibly frustrating experience! We actually had asked out TA to call about the same $50 the day after we booked. He emailed and said nope, no additional $50 off - I replied that was wrong, I had the price in front of me directly from the RCL site. He called them back, ended up taking to 2 agents and finally had to get a supervisor in to acknowledge there was an addition $50 off.   

Oy 🙇🏼‍♀️

@Iamcruzin  agreed! It’s worse than Macy’s! You know it’s a bad idea when your customer base get an “it’s a sale” email and they just roll their eyes.

Edited by 2Beeze