Gladys' Restaurant Downtown St Thomas Destroyed in Fire

Ms411

So sad. Her home was badly damaged during Irmaria and last week her restaurant was destroyed in fire in Royal Dane Mall.

If you want to try local food, Crabbe's on Back Street is the most convenient place open now that Cuzzin's and Gladys' are closed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 5:23 AM, Ms411 said:

So sad. Her home was badly damaged during Irmaria and last week her restaurant was destroyed in fire in Royal Dane Mall.

If you want to try local food, Crabbe's on Back Street is the most convenient place open now that Cuzzin's and Gladys' are closed.

I am so saddened to hear this. My husband and I enjoyed dining there while he was working on the island last year.

Patti

OMG-we have eaten there so many times and always enjoyed the food and service.

I hope they reopen and continue their wonderful cooking. We will be there Christmas Day so I doubt even if she finds a new location that they would be open! Reason to return soon.

I wonder what other businesses were damaged in the fire.

Pasta Go Go reopened quickly and this was their second fore within a few months.

I think Anchor Bar suffered damage and is closed but they have been inconsistent with open/close for years.

The fire department did a good job in containing the fire.

I hope she is able to find a new location and get back to business.  It always saddens me to hear of people losing such big parts of their lives in difficult situations like this.   I know there will be many who stand ready to pile in and dine with her as soon as she can get re-opened.