Formal Nights for Holidays

CMDE

Hi, I am going on a Christmas and New Years Cruise on Holland America. I got this dress/jacket today which I am really happy with, and I also have a long black dress with some gold accents. 

We no longer get as dressed up for formal nights as when we started cruising (2005), but I am assuming the holidays will be dressier. Would you agree?

Also, we are doing a 25 day trans Pacific in April - would you take this with you, or is it more of a holiday dress? Originally I was thinking longish skirt with different tops for that cruise .

580BDA60-1B42-4BD6-8BB7-D6C2264E6BC7.jpeg

• Like 1

I love it, but then red is my favourite colour!  I'd certainly bring it, but I'd also bring along the long skirt with several different tops so you could wear it on regular nights and sparkle it up for the gala evenings onboard.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement. I will take it on the longer cruise - especially since it’s pretty light. I will also try and come up with ideas to wear the dress separately without the jacket. 

6 hours ago, CMDE said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I will take it on the longer cruise - especially since it’s pretty light. I will also try and come up with ideas to wear the dress separately without the jacket. 

Lots of options jacket over black dress or black vest & pants, then dress with black pashmina or black cardigan, or try wearing a lace bodysuit underneath to give it sleeves. Looks lovely set go 4 it. 👍

Edited by 2BACRUISER
  • Like 1

Thanks, 2BACRUISER, I was thinking only of using the dress for other combos, so those are great ideas for the jacket. 

Edited by CMDE

Very pretty.  I remember when I first started cruising on a regular basis...back in 2003...….I wore a red cocktail dress too.

I even wore hose....sshhh..…..don't tell anyone LOL.:classic_smile:   I haven't wore hose since then...omg...…..actually I am no longer a "dress" gal...…..but that one is very pretty and it brought back a fun memory for me. Thanks:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1