If NCL is showing Spa balconies sold out, does that mean there's upgrade possibility

Cariot

I placed a bid months ago for a Spa balcony, but had seen today that the option is showing as sold out during my mock booking. Does this mean that there's no possibility of a upgrade to this section since the website isn't displaying rooms anymore? 

3 hours ago, Cariot said:

I wonder if anyone on this forum won an upgrade of a room type that was sold out.

Happens all the time for the reason Two Wheels mentioned but also because vacation outlets, etc hold blocks of rooms (like airline seats) and when they release that unsold inventory.... *poof* there's some rooms for an upgrade. 

3 hours ago, Cariot said:

I wonder if anyone on this forum won an upgrade of a room type that was sold out.

From the two very long threads on this, yes it has happened but maybe twice per reports in my aged memory.

Edited by dexddd

We were on Pearl in Alaska last year. We’d booked an inside and bid on a balcony. It was mid July and the ship was sold out for weeks. 2 days prior to sailing, I got an email... did a little dance when I read we got the BALCONY 🥳🥳

On 7/11/2019 at 2:43 AM, Cariot said:

I have. My entire sailing was shown as sold out.

The category I upgraded to was showing two rooms available, then one day the sailing disappeared completely from NCL’s site, and if I searched for the sailing on another site, the whole ship showed sold out.

Lo and behold, I still got the upgrade. So sailings that are shown as sold out may not actually be sold out. This may be true for cabin categories too.

We’re 2 for 2 on upgrade bids, but we’ve always bid in the fair range.

For us, the upgrade bid processed 5 or 6 days before the cruise, around noon Eastern Time. I saw the charge appear on my credit card, and the email showed up shortly after.

Edited by dcipjr