Hair salon question

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I wouldn't hesitate to get my hair colored on board with single process.  But I probably would also ask my "at home" stylist to give me the box of stuff to take with me, just to be sure.

I agree, but take all the products.  For instance, up until 6 months ago I had a single process color for my hair, BUT because there was a natural red undertone to my natural color, my stylist would have to add some "blue" peroxide to the mix.  So, make sure you take the usual lightener product, as well as the color product.  Different types of peroxide products will produce different colors, especially in blondes.

I am now with my natural hair color, and it turned out to be dark blonde (mix of silver and brunette) on my short sides and back, with platinum/silver on top.  Natural highlights on top!!  Who'd of thought that, but it was all covered up by blonde for decades. 

Haven't had color experience but have thoroughly enjoyed making time to have haircuts in Venice, Barcelona and St Petersburg, Russia. Hand gestures take the place of translations. I wear it short, it grows. 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:47 AM, Alakegirl said:

The on line booking shows lots of pices for cuts, shampoos and styles.  Do they do hair color?  Would be interested to hear from anyone who has had their hair colored, how much did they charge? 

I get mine done about once a year on board and it usually runs me about $300.  Last year, on the Liberty, I had the best cut and color of my entire life from a Serbian woman.  She has since moved to the Harmony.   She also gave me a hand/arm massage and since I came back the next day to get an eyelash lift with her she gave me a free updo - and it was stunning. 

I'm a total novice when it comes to hair colouring, so I'm sorry if this isn't as useful as some of the other posts.

I decided to get my hair highlighted during our transpacific cruise (18-nighter) this spring. I hadn't dyed my hair in 20 years so I had NO idea what I was doing, I don't know what the processes involved are, etc. I was on Radiance of the Seas, so I can only comment on that ships service.

I had my hair cut and highlighted, I have pretty long hair, price felt over the top, over $300 for the cut and highlighting but I have no experience (although friends have told me I paid way too much).

I'm afraid I'm not sure which hair dye brand it was they used. I had red and blonde highlights put in (well, lighter than my brunette hair, not quite blonde). The red dye still bleeds from my hair even now, 3 months after the fact, even though I take temperate showers and use the (very expensive) colour protect hair care products they sold me. For the first MONTH the hair dye bled constantly, ruining towels and bedding. The girl spent about 5 minutes rinsing out the dye (from my very long, thick hair) so I know she didn't do enough with it. Ultimately, most of my hair is now at least tinged slightly with the red dye, because it bled so much. She also gave me 0 advice on how to maintain the colouring (I didn't know hot showers were a no-no at the start so part of the bleeding into the rest of my hair was caused from the start, though I quickly Googled it and learned about proper hair care procedures). It's also worth noting I told her about 10 times I hadn't had my hair dyed since I was a kid so had no idea what to do, and needed advice on maintenance.

Personally I was super disappointed by the overall process and price, but I do love my new hair style. If you're a regular at these things, you'll probably have a better experience (as you'll know what to do and how things work) but be aware it's very overpriced. (But convenient if you have nothing else to do during a day at sea!)