Hair salon question

But have you had it done or are you just surmising?  The cuise is part of a longer trip, I am trying to decide if it is something the ships offer, because the timing is such that it’s a choice between having it done on the ship or seeking out a salon in a country where I don't speak the language.  Would rather do it on the ship using OBC

I have only see one person discuss color and it was on here. It wasn't good either, they got a full refund because it turned color. It could have been the pool so don't let that discourage you. I think they said it was around $150-175.

If it was only a week I would consider it, but it’s not.  I am still hoping to find out the answer — do they offer hair color at the salon.  (just for comparison, Celebrity does, and I have been pleased with their service and results)

39 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

If it was only a week I would consider it, but it’s not.  I am still hoping to find out the answer — do they offer hair color at the salon.  (just for comparison, Celebrity does, and I have been pleased with their service and results)

Do you have your color formula from your beauty operator?  That would be a help for the operator on the ship.  On the Spa page of cruise planner they may have prices since they do for other services.  Good Luck and hope someone will be able to give you the information you are looking for.  I get color once a month and if going to be gone for month or more will book the color at home the day before I cruise.

Curious about this as well.  I am on Serenade early 2021 for almost four months, which is fine to have done before I go...but too long away from my own hair stylist.  I will have "peek a boo" grey hairs popping out all over.  😮 

33 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Do you have your color formula from your beauty operator?  That would be a help for the operator on the ship.  On the Spa page of cruise planner they may have prices since they do for other services.  Good Luck and hope someone will be able to give you the information you are looking for.  I get color once a month and if going to be gone for month or more will book the color at home the day before I cruise.

Good idea about having our own stylist give us the formula (color #).  I was thinking the same thing.  🙂 

As I wrote in my first post, the website does not list color treatments and that is why I am asking.  

i do have my formula numbers but that won’t help if they don’t offer color services at all

Edited by Alakegirl

1 minute ago, Alakegirl said:

As I wrote in my first post, the website does not list color treatments and that is why I am asking.  

i do have my formula numbers but that won’t help if they don’t offer color services at all

I plan on taking my own "goo"...for a "do it yourself" for a last resort if I can't get it together with the ship's stylist.    

Sorry I've never posted before so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.  I went gray at 16 so I can understand your dilemma.  So If covering your gray is the issue, I have gone a couple of months with 2 different options.  First Choice)  A Cover Up Spray, comes in several colors and lasts until you shampoo.  I practiced at home before I left.  I have used it with 2" of grow out and it looked great. (If my teenage daughter approves I know it looks good)  I like L***** P**** Magic Root Coverup Spray .  Second Choice)  My stylist has made me kit I take with me.  He includes everything needed to color my hair with how much to use of each tube, peroxide and processing time (even gloves & application comb).  Show someone at the front desk or salon on the cruise your "color Kit" and they should be able to direct you to someone that can apply it for you.  Hair color is a universal language.  ; )  There are so many different languages spoken on the ship you may even be able to have one of the ship's staff translate the instructions for you.  Hope this helps.

What ship are you going on?  Larger, newer ships may have larger facilities and staff and offer more services. On the NCL Bliss, their newest ship, I had a haircut and I know they had color. It was a large salon with many hair services offered, including some rather complex ones. If you are on one of the large ships, odds are they would do color, but I don’t know for sure.  Btw my cut was excellent, one of the best I’ve ever had and the price was only a bit more than I pay on land. 

Mary Ann

If it was only a week I would consider leaving it, but it’s not.  I am still hoping to find out the answer — do they offer hair color at the salon.  (just for comparison, Celebrity does, and I have been pleased with their service and results)

i dont anticipate having any language problem on board.  If I have to go lookng for a salon on land before or after the trip, I would be a little worried. On the ship, everyone will speak English.  

So I may end up doing what has been suggested, bring all my own stuff and have them apply it.  Can’t do it myself because of shoulder issues, 

I meant that you could have someone from the ship translate the hair color instructions into the language where you will be going on land after the cruise if you can't get it done on the ship.  I'm sorry I couldn't answer your original question. 

We had a girls trip on a Brilliance I think.  My daughter won the first day spa raffle.  I want to say $200.  She opted for a hair color change while on the ship.  Was blond and went brunette or vice versa.  She changes color often.  I think it used all of the credit she won or most of it.  Because of the color change and her sea pass card she was complemented often when using her sea pass card.

Hope this gives you a little first hand information.

FYI she was early 20's when we did this.

Edited by Annicruise2014

I can’t answer about coloring-BUT  I can tell you that I’ve had my haircut on at least a dozen cruises. My husband probably twice that many. We receive a 20% discount for our crown and anchor status, and actually the price of the cuts comes out to be equal to or just a few dollars more than in our local city.    My hair is a fairly short cut.   

We have NEVER  had a bad hairccut on a cruise.     I am funny about my hair color, and not sure if I would have my hair colored on the cruise.  I guess I would have to if I were on for more than a few months. 

One particular cut was lots of fun as I was seated next to the captain who was having his haircut.    The captain was very nice and instigated most of the conversation with me. 

M

6 hours ago, wendychloecruiser said:

At least twice as much as you’d pay at home and they obviously don’t know you or your  hair.  Probably better to have it done before you go.  

The hair services we have used have been about 20% more than we pay at home.  (We do not live in a large city.) We receive a 20% off  spa services  coupon as one of our crown and anchor benefits, so the price is pretty much the same as home.   

Your salon you use  must be very reasonable if the ship price is double. 

M

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

If it was only a week I would consider leaving it, but it’s not.  I am still hoping to find out the answer — do they offer hair color at the salon.  (just for comparison, Celebrity does, and I have been pleased with their service and results)

i dont anticipate having any language problem on board.  If I have to go lookng for a salon on land before or after the trip, I would be a little worried. On the ship, everyone will speak English.  

So I may end up doing what has been suggested, bring all my own stuff and have them apply it.  Can’t do it myself because of shoulder issues, 

Someone *just* posted in one of my FB groups that she had her hair colored on a cruise and LOVED the result.

Is your color single process or double?

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I plan on taking my own "goo"...for a "do it yourself" for a last resort if I can't get it together with the ship's stylist.    

I have had stylists give me bottles and the formula in the past when I requested.

28 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Single process

I wouldn't hesitate to get my hair colored on board with single process.  But I probably would also ask my "at home" stylist to give me the box of stuff to take with me, just to be sure.

I've had my hair colored & highlighted on HAL ships, and based on my complete satisfaction, would have no problem having it done on any other line.

The first time I was worried about having the color "match" what my stylist does … but realized it didn't really matter. If I didn't like the results, I wouldn't go back.  And it will grow out.