Medallion Net 4 device package

graysotx

Our friends and ourselves are booked into 4 cabins and we want to buy the 4 device Medallion Net package and split it between the cabins. We were told that the internet plans were cabin-specific so we'd have to buy separate plans for each cabin. I know you can log in and out of different devices using the same log-in code as long as only one of them is logged in at a time, but I don't understand why the codes would only work if they were purchased by a specific cabin. 

Has anyone successfully used the 4 device plan and had the devices "residing" in different cabins?

59 minutes ago, graysotx said:

Our friends and ourselves are booked into 4 cabins and we want to buy the 4 device Medallion Net package and split it between the cabins. We were told that the internet plans were cabin-specific so we'd have to buy separate plans for each cabin. I know you can log in and out of different devices using the same log-in code as long as only one of them is logged in at a time, but I don't understand why the codes would only work if they were purchased by a specific cabin. 

Has anyone successfully used the 4 device plan and had the devices "residing" in different cabins?

There is a reason. One is to prevent people to not cheat the system. Like the alcoholic beverage package, changed from all you can drink to 15 drinks. Too many people shared it so it went away.

• Like 1

I have not used it yet, but it says you connect 4 devices at a time, so I don't know how they would know you were sharing.  I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in here, but I bet you could share the 4 device pkg.

• Like 1

This is the information I received from another cc member.   Very good information on 4 

device package

I am just off the Caribbean Princess with the 4 device package.

They all share the same login, but are recognized as separate devices. 

In the Cruise Planner, it does matter which name you purchase it in because of the way you login.

The process is as follows:

1) Connect to the Ship's wifi

2) Navigate in your browser to "login.com". It will redirect to the princess Ocean Concierge website.

3) Go through a few obvious prompts to the login screen

4) Enter your cabin number and birthdate of the person with the package (this is where it makes a difference). If you accidentally enter the wrong birthdate, then go to logout.com to clear the connection and repeat from step 2. Note: It is bad design NOT to have a logout menu option in Ocean Concierge.

5) It will then have a button to connect.

6) Once you hit that button, it will show you how many devices are connected, and confirm that you want to connect again (this might have happened at step 5, but it still is a 2 step process). If you already have 4 device connected, then you have to select one to disconnect. I never had more than 3 connected, so I didn't look to see how to identify which device I was disconnecting.

We had 3 devices (2 phones and a table). Having the extra (4th) was useful when using the ship's internet cafe (full size screen and keyboard). It would then be the 4th device, and I wouldn't have to logoff one of the other devices. Saved me from having to bring along a laptop.

The only downside for 2 people sharing the 4 devices is that the Ocean Concierge chat feature is tied to the person logged in. All the apps had their own login (unfortunately, because it was annoying having to re-login every time I used an app). However, if you have 2 devices connected to the internet, you can communicate through e-mail (or iMessage if you both have iPhones), which is more reliable than the chat feature.

Edited Thursday at 01:11 PM by richmke

• Like 2

I'm sure it's do-able - but now we're seriously cheeping out. Yet, what is the point of a 4 device plan unless you'll have 4 devices connected at the same time? So who uses their I-Phone, I-Pad, I-Mac and I-whatever at the same time? Why do they even offer that plan?

15 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I'm sure it's do-able - but now we're seriously cheeping out. Yet, what is the point of a 4 device plan unless you'll have 4 devices connected at the same time? So who uses their I-Phone, I-Pad, I-Mac and I-whatever at the same time? Why do they even offer that plan?

Well, once Princess realizes the 4-device plan is extraneous, maybe they'll stop offering it ... or, they'll publish clear T&C stating what they already told the OP ... or maybe they'll make the 4-device pkg near the cost of one device x 4.

Obviously Princess did not fully and realistically think out this one ..  back to the drawing board

• Like 1