Grand Princess Mini Suite Sofa’s - Emerald deck

Buffy56

13 hours ago, Buffy56 said:

Does anyone know if the sofa’s have been replaced during the March refurbishment ?  We will be staying in E729 in March 2020.

We were on the Grand in E720 June/July this year.  Our sofa was the same old worn out one we had last year in the same cabin.  The lamps were new as were the two wall mounted tv's.  The bathroom had a new tub, but the floor was the old, little blue/green tiles with dirty looking grout.  The floor was constantly wet from a leak and we used 2 to 3 pool towels on the floor every day.  Half way through the cruise we were relocated (to repair the leak) from 8:00am to 6:00pm to a Dolphin deck mini suite which had new sofa, new sliding door to balcony, and new flooring in the bathroom.  I didn't get a look at any of the other minis on Emerald so not sure if they had new sofas.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 7:39 PM, Buffy56 said:

Does anyone know if the sofa’s have been replaced during the March refurbishment ?  We will be staying in E729 in March 2020.

If I might ask, do you know if E729 is on the opposite side of the ship on the Grand from the Fusion stage on deck 7? We've heard those cabins on the Emerald deck port side can be a little noisy when the music is playing, but relatively quiet on the starboard side?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

34 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, do you know if E729 is on the opposite side of the ship on the Grand from the Fusion stage on deck 7? We've heard those cabins on the Emerald deck port side can be a little noisy when the music is playing, but relatively quiet on the starboard side?

E729 is on Starboard side above the Vista Lounge.  The Port side is above the stage in the Vista Lounge.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisinMinnie said:

E729 is on Starboard side above the Vista Lounge.  The Port side is above the stage in the Vista Lounge.  

I stand corrected. We just got off the Crown and I still have the Fusion on my mind. But I still have the same question. Are the cabins on the starboard side above the Vista Lounge relatively quite when compared to the same cabins on the port side?

4 hours ago, CruisinMinnie said:

We have stayed in E728,E729,E727. E728 is above the stage side of the lounge and 729 isn't. That being said, my snoring made more noise than any coming from the lounge. Loves those rooms.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 9:21 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We're looking at a 30 day cruise and just wanted to make sure noise wouldn't be an issue in one of those cabins.

We have that room booked for a 28 day cruise!!

On 7/15/2019 at 5:39 PM, Buffy56 said:

Yes.   It’s been replaced with new brighter fabrics.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

1 hour ago, dara90210 said:

We were on the Grand right after drydock in March and we thought the sofas were supposed to have been replaced, but they definitely had not been.  

Thanks for verifying they have not been replaced yet.

We had family on in May and they hated the sofa bed.